GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spark Plugs JB4?

duckboss

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTi
2017 GTi 72k miles about to install my JB4, what spark plugs are the best for JB4? Brand PART NUMBER GAP? Thanks

duckboss

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTi
Installed em today. Seem fine. Stock gap is .032 though 🤔 I gapped em to your recommendation. Change of plans not even bothering with my JB4 (had it from previous) car. Going eqt stage one till I get a downpipe and clutch in a few weeks

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Installed em today. Seem fine. Stock gap is .032 though 🤔 I gapped em to your recommendation. Change of plans not even bothering with my JB4 (had it from previous) car. Going eqt stage one till I get a downpipe and clutch in a few weeks

You're gonna need to uninstall the plugs you have and install these if you go EQT.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/NGK-4656

That price is for one plug.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I actually ran Ruths on my hybrid setup and they worked fine. I decided to try the really expensive plugs and found no improvement over the ruths. My car is a normal street car that does 1 gear pulls every once in a while. When I do mountain runs, it's not at WOT for very long. I think the "special" colder plugs may help when you're doing sustained WOT.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The Ruths 95125 (looks like a CA zip code 😆) or IKH24 5346? Is there a difference or just pick one and run with it? They are priced pretty close.

I just went EQT stage 2 and I'm still on my stock plugs.

I'm also just a street car that doesn't get the chance to do too many WOT pulls. The first one I did with the S2 file...I blew my IC pipe off.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
The Ruths 95125 (looks like a CA zip code 😆) or IKH24 5346? Is there a difference or just pick one and run with it? They are priced pretty close.

I just went EQT stage 2 and I'm still on my stock plugs.

I'm also just a street car that doesn't get the chance to do too many WOT pulls. The first one I did with the S2 file...I blew my IC pipe off.
Still fine on fresh stock plugs, plus the EQT tune will run fatter under power vs JB4.