GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPAM Private Messages - I'm pissed!!!

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Not sure if it's just me (I'm not so paranoid to believe that it is just me) - but I'm utterly annoyed at the constant string of PMs in my inbox trying to sell stuff (see example below)!!

More than happy to receive PMs from "regular" forum members - but the facility should NOT be used by those who register for the sole purpose of making commercial profit.

The sender's ID keeps changing so using the ignore function isn't of much benefit - how do others manage this problem?

Don
JimmiP said:

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
you should check out the current Mk8 forum and the main "discussion" page right now.

....just go look at it. lol.

GTIpowerr

Ready to race!
Yeah whats up with the spam, especially on the mk8 forum? Been on the forums since ‘12 and never seen this in all those years.

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah whats up with the spam, especially on the mk8 forum? Been on the forums since ‘12 and never seen this in all those years.

That forum seems not to be moderated right now--or it just sits up there as a test that was forgotten while they are putting together the proper forum.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Yep. That'll fix your STDs real quick without having to go to one of those pesky doctors :)

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Not sure if it's just me (I'm not so paranoid to believe that it is just me) - but I'm utterly annoyed at the constant string of PMs in my inbox trying to sell stuff (see example below)!!

More than happy to receive PMs from "regular" forum members - but the facility should NOT be used by those who register for the sole purpose of making commercial profit.

The sender's ID keeps changing so using the ignore function isn't of much benefit - how do others manage this problem?

Don

If you are getting SPAM PM's tell me and i'll have the accounts removed. If it wasn't for the mods those spam messages on the mk8 would be all over the place here. I remove spam accounts and posts daily. It helps when you guys report what you see because i can't be everywhere all the time.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
i don’t get any pms’ that are spam
Must....resist............. the urge..... to send...............private messages........... about..............cheap.... ..........boner pills.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk