GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spacers

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Wouldn't mind more of a "stanced" look. What spacers would you recommend?

GTI.jpg

TheMuffinMan

Go Kart Newbie
I mean, there's not much to it. If you were on OEM wheels, get any of the 'flush' mount spacer kits that are out there. ECS has a bunch of options.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Can't say without the specs. H&R or any other regular spacer suck for aftermarket wheels. They only work well for OEM 57.1 hub sizes. I am ordering rear spacers for my Motegi wheels from Motorsport-tech.com. The problem with the smaller spacers is that they will eat up the space were the hub ring will fit, not allowing it to center the wheel properly. If you torque your wheels properly, you should have no issues, but in the event that you mess up slightly, you will get vibrations.

My wheels are 18x8.5 et 42, and I am only doing spacers in the rear. 5mm spacers with 57.1 hub centric and 66.56 wheel centric.

Specs from the website.

2019 VW GTI
Your Bolt Pattern: 5x112mm
Your Hub Diameter: 57.1mm
Type: Spacer
Hub Centric to Car & Wheel Centric to Wheel
Thickness: 5mm
Center Bore: 66.56mm

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Can't say without the specs. H&R or any other regular spacer suck for aftermarket wheels. They only work well for OEM 57.1 hub sizes. I am ordering rear spacers for my Motegi wheels from Motorsport-tech.com. The problem with the smaller spacers is that they will eat up the space were the hub ring will fit, not allowing it to center the wheel properly. If you torque your wheels properly, you should have no issues, but in the event that you mess up slightly, you will get vibrations.

My wheels are 18x8.5 et 42, and I am only doing spacers in the rear. 5mm spacers with 57.1 hub centric and 66.56 wheel centric.

Specs from the website.

2019 VW GTI
Your Bolt Pattern: 5x112mm
Your Hub Diameter: 57.1mm
Type: Spacer
Hub Centric to Car & Wheel Centric to Wheel
Thickness: 5mm
Center Bore: 66.56mm

Daks, that is their flush kit but I bought mine from either USP Motorsports or ECS. Pretty sure it was USP and it wasn't all that expensive but you are up in Canada so it'll cost you more.

Maiden69, not sure why you think they suck. I use them on my aftermarket wheels, VMR and Enkei Racing, without any issues. They are solid and hub centric and my Enkei wheels use a hub ring and still have zero issues.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Send a side profile type shot from your rear side, and also what’s the current tire and wheel specs.

I’ve spend a good bit of time dialing in spacers and alignment to get this certain/exact fit I was after. Lol

2133E108-BD56-4985-B048-1A18DC2C27A6.jpeg

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Maiden69, not sure why you think they suck. I use them on my aftermarket wheels, VMR and Enkei Racing, without any issues. They are solid and hub centric and my Enkei wheels use a hub ring and still have zero issues.

I used H&R on almost all my VW cars, but only with OEM wheels, and only when it was a 10-25mm spacer. The problem with VW's is that the bottom portion of the hub taper is wider thank most other brands, and on a 5mm spacer you don't have the protruding centric portion that will allow you to use your hub centric ring. This makes the hub ring wobble in the little bit of hub that extends past the spacer, unless you use a regular hub centric ring with the small taper section.

Not my picture, but for reference.

Regular spacers

1631548697596.png

H&R
1631548749078.png

It is hard to use a ring with H&R due to it's profile. Unless H&R changed their profile in the last few years (This is my first VW since 2014).

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Send a side profile type shot from your rear side, and also what’s the current tire and wheel specs.

I’ve spend a good bit of time dialing in spacers and alignment to get this certain/exact fit I was after. Lol

View attachment 225203
Damn bro, that's tighter than a 16 year old virgin! Not speaking from experience.

I used H&R on almost all my VW cars, but only with OEM wheels, and only when it was a 10-25mm spacer. The problem with VW's is that the bottom portion of the hub taper is wider thank most other brands, and on a 5mm spacer you don't have the protruding centric portion that will allow you to use your hub centric ring. This makes the hub ring wobble in the little bit of hub that extends past the spacer, unless you use a regular hub centric ring with the small taper section.

Not my picture, but for reference.

Regular spacers

View attachment 225204

H&R
View attachment 225205

It is hard to use a ring with H&R due to it's profile. Unless H&R changed their profile in the last few years (This is my first VW since 2014).
I'll have to take some pics of my 5mm spacer that I use on my Enkei wheels with hub rings because I do not get that wobble you are talking about.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
they do make various spacer variations usually for the 8,10,12mm, you have to read the foot notes before ordering.

https://www.h-r.com/en/product-finder/#ausgabe
I know... as I said about I have used them for quite some time. When I was stationed in Germany they were one of the only ones TUV certified. Anything 5mm or smaller will not have the hub centric part, those are the ones I had problem with, which is why I went with custom built ones. I think that even the 5mm will not be allowed to use in Germany because of how little hub sticks past them.