GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spacers

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There is no best. Depends on the offset of the wheels you have. If you have stock wheels 15 millimeter spacers will make the wheels pretty close to flush with the fenders.

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Last time I checked ,spacers are illegal Australia ,unless they came as standard fitment .
cheers

Penta23

Car(s)
Golf R
had spacers on my F80 M3 and tracked it with no issues. Settled on 12.5mm fronts and 15mm back. Next question is, what is the best tune for stage 1 on these bad boys.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Wheel bearing load , axe load ,track increase

Cheers

That makes no sense. Its not the spacer that increases the "load"...its the wheel moving farther out from the center of the hub. Its no worse than wheels with less backspacing. Are getting new wheels with lower offsets illegal too?

I just realized I'm in the Australia forum.

nimbus_.

Car(s)
2015 Mk7 Golf TSI
I've got 15mm ones on my tsi and they ride fine. have been pulled over by the cops and they haven't noticed. maybe i'm lucky lol.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Why would spacers matter to cops?
maybe he's in cali?

spacers can be seen as unsafe. the mcpherson strut gives u negative scrub radius in the front. if u have a tire blow out you shouldnt veer or spin out, it should continue going straight. depending on offset and spacers, you end up with a car that can handle worse and can make for a more unsafe experience during a tire blow out at highway speeds.

i also had no idea cops were looking at that kind of stuff too.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
maybe he's in cali?

spacers can be seen as unsafe. the mcpherson strut gives u negative scrub radius in the front. if u have a tire blow out you shouldnt veer or spin out, it should continue going straight. depending on offset and spacers, you end up with a car that can handle worse and can make for a more unsafe experience during a tire blow out at highway speeds.

i also had no idea cops were looking at that kind of stuff too.
Says Australia in his profile.

I still don't get why spacers would matter to cops and they wouldn't be able to tell anyway.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Says Australia in his profile.

I still don't get why spacers would matter to cops and they wouldn't be able to tell anyway.
Oh ok. It would take some crazy thick spacers to induce what I’m talking about. So maybe that’s what Australian cops are looking for

nimbus_.

Car(s)
2015 Mk7 Golf TSI
Oh ok. It would take some crazy thick spacers to induce what I’m talking about. So maybe that’s what Australian cops are looking for
Isn't this the Australian thread? Spacers are illegal in Australia, they're detectable as they did not come with the car from factory.