GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SP LCAs+Camber Plates+Lowering w/ PSS10 = Rubbing?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Hi All,
This may be more appropriate for the suspension forum, but figured since part of my post/question relates to track tire set up this forum may be more knowledgeable.
Anyway, on my R I will have Superpro LCA's & TyrolSport deadset with PSS10's.
I also have some Superpro Camber plates that I'm now on the fence going with vs pivoting to the Eurosport solution (mainly to mitigate potential noise issues with the metal plate).
My question relates to potential rubbing issues for those of you that have run a similar set up.
Street wheels/tires = Neuspeed RSe14 (19x8 ET45) w/ 235/35 PS4S
Proposed track wheels/tires = converting winter winter Enkei TX5s (17x8 ET45) and run 245/40s
For those of you that have run this set up/something similar can I get away with lowering (1/2"-3/4") the car a touch on the PSS10s vs stock ride height w/o risking rubbing?

Thanks in advance!

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Thanks to @THEREALVRT for info/feedback I was looking for. Here's his feedback in the event it's helpful for someone else....

"im running the pss10 dcc coilovers with the superpro 018k control arms with the euro sport camber pucks on rse10 18x9 et45 with 255/35/18 re71r. i am all the way down on the coilovers with zero rubbing"

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I had Whiteline LCAs that added a few degrees of caster and that caused a ton of rubbing because the wheel gets moved so far forward off of the fender center. Ride height will effect that too. Your street/track setups aren't super aggressive so you should be okay unless you crank the PSS10s all the way down.

Just swapped back to stock arms with SuperPro bushings (no caster offset) and I was able to lower the car more (24.5" FTG) and have zero rubbing on PSS10s.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I had Whiteline LCAs that added a few degrees of caster and that caused a ton of rubbing because the wheel gets moved so far forward off of the fender center. Ride height will effect that too. Your street/track setups aren't super aggressive so you should be okay unless you crank the PSS10s all the way down.

Just swapped back to stock arms with SuperPro bushings (no caster offset) and I was able to lower the car more (24.5" FTG) and have zero rubbing on PSS10s.

Thanks. I believe the AL0Y0018K Supepros I have only add 1° caster. The Whitelines looks like they add more caster? Looks like their "conservative" model adds 1.5°-2 while the other adds 2.5°-3°. Which ones were you running?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Mine were the KTA252, so the 2.0 degree caster model. My last alignment with those LCAs showed 8.2-8.4 caster which isn't 2 degrees more than stock from what I've seen.

You might not have any issues with only 1 degree, but that change in geometry does cause more concerns for rubbing than stock caster settings.

Reactions: MSH