GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Southbend Stage 2 Endurance

Bigsnoop144

Ready to race!
Just purchased the stage 2 endurance kit. anyone running it, any reviews will be great. Any chatter? How is it for daily i drive about 50 miles a day minimum

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I think the Stage 2 Daily someone installed and didn't like it and put it up for sale. I don't know if anyone is running the stage 2 endurance though. Everyone says stage 3 daily and endurance are really good with very minimal chatter

Bigsnoop144

Ready to race!
Yeah his driving skills must be horrid, I dont see this clutch slipping due to power seems being that it can handle 465tq. Also not my first manual.

georgiatechME

Ready to race!
Seems like stage 3 daily is normally the way to go. I can't vouch for this - but I've been told by multiple individuals that the endurance friction material is engineered to perform better under much hotter temperatures (track use, launching, etc) without breaking up. Friction coefficient is lower compared to the daily clutch disk under normal temps.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Okay I'm just telling you guys what happened. You can be the worlds smoothest manual driver, basically Aryton Senna behind the wheel but if the TQ the engine is produced is greater than the clutch and pressure plate friction material/clamping force can handle (respectively) then it will slip. No magic, no driver skill, it just will.

The point being we've seen stage 2 dyno's of over 400WTQ. Stage 2 is rated at 465 Crank torque. That is a small margin, and hence it could slip prematurely like it did for that gentlemen. Take it for what you will.

Bigsnoop144

Ready to race!
Okay I'm just telling you guys what happened. You can be the worlds smoothest manual driver, basically Aryton Senna behind the wheel but if the TQ the engine is produced is greater than the clutch and pressure plate friction material/clamping force can handle (respectively) then it will slip. No magic, no driver skill, it just will.

The point being we've seen stage 2 dyno's of over 400WTQ. Stage 2 is rated at 465 Crank torque. That is a small margin, and hence it could slip prematurely like it did for that gentlemen. Take it for what you will.

sorry for coming off the wrong way, but i do understand where you are coming from as from that aspect. Let's hope it holds i got it for a hell of a deal $1k from a buddy who purchased it and decided not to install it anymore. So im just going to have to cross my fingers and hope for the best outcome in the long run.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
sorry for coming off the wrong way, but i do understand where you are coming from as from that aspect. Let's hope it holds i got it for a hell of a deal $1k from a buddy who purchased it and decided not to install it anymore. So im just going to have to cross my fingers and hope for the best outcome in the long run.

Yeah no worries man. I just want everybody here to buy the best thing for them. That gentlemen seemed to be a minority so you're probably fine. Tell us how it goes!

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
From what i read the south bend stage 2 has bad chatter. The south bend stage 3 have minimal chatter which is what i have installed as well.

However at that price if you do not mind the chatter it should perform fine.

Good luck!!!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Welp, I am currently running SB Stage 2 Daily and it's been good to me so far, but I haven't abused it too much. I did break it in for a good 1000+ miles just to be safe. Honestly I'm not sure why I didn't go ahead and get the Stage 3, as I am IS38. So... yeah. We'll see how she holds up :) Clutch chatter is pretty minimal, and increase in pedal pressure is also minimal. I do love it. Like I said, we'll see after a few AutoX events or track days how she's doing.

My buddy has stage 3 endurance I think, and said his sounded like a helicopter until he launched it the first time, then it went away. My chatter is pretty minimal with the stage 2 daily.

NH_MK7R

Welp, I am currently running SB Stage 2 Daily and it's been good to me so far, but I haven't abused it too much. I did break it in for a good 1000+ miles just to be safe. Honestly I'm not sure why I didn't go ahead and get the Stage 3, as I am IS38. So... yeah. We'll see how she holds up :) Clutch chatter is pretty minimal, and increase in pedal pressure is also minimal. I do love it. Like I said, we'll see after a few AutoX events or track days how she's doing.

My buddy has stage 3 endurance I think, and said his sounded like a helicopter until he launched it the first time, then it went away. My chatter is pretty minimal with the stage 2 daily.

How did the stage 2 end up holding up? I just ordered a Stage 2 Daily and now i have plans to do a turbo swap.