GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Southbend Stage 2 Daily

tomsyco

Passed Driver's Ed
Who on here is running this clutch? Hoping to actually hear chatter in person and feel the clutch pedal, since the clutch on my R is toast.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
If you're dead set on southbend and going smfw as is, why not go at least stage 3 daily if not endurance? Better to have a stronger unit and not need it than having to do another clutch job down the line.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

Sent from Mognet using Moogles

tomsyco

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't want the heavier peddle of the stage 3 though. I'm looking at putting down maybe 350ftlbs per UM's tune. I'll have to talk to southbend I guess.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
So about that clutch tho. I was looking into getting a DKM, was ready to purchase, *rubs hands* “this finna be a breeze!” Then I found another DKM thread on here that was full of horror stories, grinding, shuddering etc. now I’m beginning to think Southbend. Is this stage 2 one good for 400hp/tq? I don’t plan on tracking or autox.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I don't want the heavier peddle of the stage 3 though. I'm looking at putting down maybe 350ftlbs per UM's tune. I'll have to talk to southbend I guess.

A lot of people have said that the pedal on the SB3 (after break in) is not much heavier than stock.

So about that clutch tho. I was looking into getting a DKM, was ready to purchase, *rubs hands* “this finna be a breeze!” Then I found another DKM thread on here that was full of horror stories, grinding, shuddering etc. now I’m beginning to think Southbend. Is this stage 2 one good for 400hp/tq? I don’t plan on tracking or autox.

I would go w/stage 3, like "TheGreekFreak" said, better to have the extra holding capacity and not need it than to find out the hard way and have to replace your clutch again because you didn't do it right the first time.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
A lot of people have said that the pedal on the SB3 (after break in) is not much heavier than stock.

I would go w/stage 3, like "TheGreekFreak" said, better to have the extra holding capacity and not need it than to find out the hard way and have to replace your clutch again because you didn't do it right the first time.

Sell me that stage 3 for 1200 shipped and I’ll believe it [emoji8]