GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sourcing rear brake caliper carriers?

boy412

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GSW TDI (DSG)
I did something dumb recently and bought a new pair of rear calipers for my ‘15 GSW without checking the VIN. Had them powder coated too! Found out at installation time that they weren’t going to fit.

82128B28-91C6-4C9F-9049-538BE7C2FDE9.jpeg

I’m wondering if there is any way to salvage these and adapt them to my car? Would I just need the carriers for these or would other modifications be required?

The part numbers I bought were:

5qm615423a
5qm615424a

The original calipers are:

5qm615423
5qm615424

I just figured the “A” was a new revision and not a totally different part. So my fault for not checking…but is this project salvageable?

boy412

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GSW TDI (DSG)
The calipers I bought (the yellow ones) fit the Alltrack and "other" Sportwagens...just not MINE. Also fits the B7 Passat. I don't know what is different with my car, or what might proclude me from somehow fitting them on. The location where the brake line bolts on and e-brake mechanism look a bit different...but maybe adaptable? I was hoping someone had maybe already done this.

:)

tarheelbob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI S
Different housing, different brake inlet port location, different parking brake design and mounting, and who knows what the proper anchor/carrier looks like. The anchor would tell the tale. If its a new design, it likely won't mount properly to your knuckle. Trying to use the original anchor would likely mean interference fitment problems, and improper operation, with the new yellow housing. My .02? Don't mess with one of the primary safety systems of your car - get brakes (OEM, reman, or aftermarket) made specifically for your model.

- Bob