GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sour Beer Thread

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Are there any sour beer fans on here? I've just recently been introduced to sour beers and i really like it. I was never a fan of alcohol before because i did not like the taste but these sour beers really mask the alcohol taste and have really interesting flavors.

Anyways, here's all the beer i have at home right now.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
not sure if you'll be able to find this in CA but

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
haha the sour beers are kinda special because not many breweries want to risk making them. If the sour bacteria get into any of the other beers or cross contaminate anything then it could ruin the other beer. That's why a lot of breweries don't want to take the risk of brewing sour beers.

Jay, i'll stay on the look out.

If you guys are hunting down sour beers to try, here are my recommendations:

Bruery's Rueuze, or their Sour in the Rye - $20/bottle
Cantillon (if you can find any buy it) -$30/bottle
Russian River's Supplication, Sanctification, or Consecration - $15/bottle
Almanac's Dogpatch Sour (cherry), Blackberry Sour, Farmer's Reserve Pluot, Farmer's Reserve Citron... $11/bottle
Cascade is another sour beer a lot of people like but i haven't found one i liked yet. Only tried the Blueberry Cascade. -$25/bottle

Basically sour beers do not taste like traditional beers at all. They're kinda like an alcoholic soda that's sour.

The smaller bottles sometimes cost like $8-15 and the larger ones can cost $20-36 depending on the brewer.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Are there any sour beer fans on here? I've just recently been introduced to sour beers and i really like it. I was never a fan of alcohol before because i did not like the taste but these sour beers really mask the alcohol taste and have really interesting flavors.

Anyways, here's all the beer i have at home right now.

Why don't I see Rodenbach?

:D

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Why don't I see Rodenbach?

:D

Cause i'm a beer noob and would like to know what that is!

I looked it up! I'm going to try and hunt down a bottle to try.

My very favorite sours i've ever had were all on tap.

They are:
Lost Abbey's Spontaneous Cheer
Bruery's Sour in the rye with pineapple coconut
Bruery's Berazzled

My favorite bottled beer is Rueuze from the Bruery.

BlackGTI13

Ready to race!
Nice man, my dad and a buddy love the sours. I dabble a little bit, but most are a little too much. My buddy here at work usually orders from Belgium once a year and gets is sours from Cantillon. This year's has passed but you can keep an eye out for this next year...http://cantillon.be/br/3_21

Zwanze day!

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Damn, Cantillon sours are legit! I wanna order from them but i don't know how and it seems super pricy.

Sours do seem to cost significantly more than other beers. I've literally been spending all my mod money on beer so far :x

Plinyyounger

Ready to race!
Damn, Cantillon sours are legit! I wanna order from them but i don't know how and it seems super pricy.

Sours do seem to cost significantly more than other beers. I've literally been spending all my mod money on beer so far :x

There so expensive because they take months and even years to produce. Some are very worth it though!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yep. I will be enjoying several Russian River sours ON TAP within an hour!