GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sounds like APR is Going Down

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Wow. Just another reason why not taking that job was the best decision of my life.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
2500 shot nitrous injection for the MK7 that gives 750 HP on stock rods and stock fueling with the 100 oct stage 2 file + katy perry in the back seat.

but actually, I would guess expanded partnerships with VW and Audi dealers & warranty stuff. though they might want to settle the lawsuits first :laugh:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Correct, but then again, why would you even consider leaving Honda (I would assume an awesome job) for a tuning company?

Naive and jaded honestly.

But since, I've developed my career into something far more advancing and technically challenging than what APR would've ever done for me.

Plus, I've moved up in Honda faster than whatever advancement (if there was any) APR had.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Sounds bad. I have a friend of a friend that worked there and he got out fast cause he knew the storm was coming.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Ground breaking would be more like, so much power you actually aren't embarrassed to tell other people how much you spent modding your car. :) :(

Are you trying to say you didn't know how much hp you would get before you spent the $$$?

Furthermore, it's APR's fault you are embarrassed by your decision to part with said $$$?

Just checking:D

Halvie

WOOSA
Are you trying to say you didn't know how much hp you would get before you spent the $$$?

Furthermore, it's APR's fault you are embarrassed by your decision to part with said $$$?

Just checking:D

itsatrap.gif?

you must have signed the same nda with apr that I did, right?!

We can start off with threads from 2008 that have Arin telling tsi owners not to worry because they already have all the fueling upgrades done. Carry that forward to 2014 with every single part ever mentioned not coming out.

Money was parted with because apr said these parts were coming out. I would have NEVER EVVVVER EVVVVVVVVER spent the money if they said nothing new would come out after 2009.

Solid attempt.

Last edited:

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
itsatrap.gif?

you must have signed the same nda with apr that I did, right?!

We can start off with threads from 2008 that have Arin telling tsi owners not to worry because they already have all the fueling upgrades done. Carry that forward to 2014 with every single part ever mentioned not coming out.

Money was parted with because apr said these parts were coming out. I would have NEVER EVVVVER EVVVVVVVVER spent the money if they said nothing new would come out after 2009.

Solid attempt.
I want to feel bad for you and I want to hate APR, but if you took a risk the onus is on you. That is the way life works.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I think Halvie is more upset at all the errors that APR made. Messing up his car and it not running properly. Parts not working correctly.

Its one thing to be let down by getting lower power. But its another to have your car down for months.

:eek:

I'd be pissed, too. I don't know the whole story and I tried to find out it only got bits and pieces. If there really was an nda then I probably won't ever know. There is always a risk in modding and a year ago I'd have said APR was a way to minimize risk... Maybe that is still true to some extent for standard tunes/bolt-ons but I guess this case shows that even a trusted name can sometimes disappoint.