GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I watched the video. I'm not familiar with that interface, but at about the :50 mark you were scrolling through various modules. As mentioned earlier the Soundaktor is module A9.

I didn't see that in the list you scrolled through. But I also saw several modules your car does not have. Is it possible to have that interface scan and just show your car's modules?

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
Yeah I can see it’s onboard supply unit in the long coding for a9 but it’s decimal or hex from the video after but what do I change ?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure what you mean by "on board supply unit" but Module A9 has no long coding.

Your video does not show a module A9. Starting at 0:50 in the video, the list you scroll through... That list should have module A9. If it's in the list I missed it. You shouldn't have to search for it.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Oh I think I see the confusion... "On board supply control unit" is module 09 (commonly called the BCM, other interfaces call it Central Electronics).

You need module A9, not 09.

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
Oh I think I see the confusion... "On board supply control unit" is module 09 (commonly called the BCM, other interfaces call it Central Electronics).

You need module A9, not 09.
Oh thanks for reply
I’m not sure where to find a9
It doesn’t matter mate I’ll leave it off, I was only curious don’t wanna waste any more of yours or anyone else’s time
Thanks

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
We're here to help and learn, plus I'm on vacation, haha. But A9 would be in the same list where you were scrolling, starting at at 0:50 in the first video. The same list that has 09, 17, 19, 52, 5F, etc.

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
We're here to help and learn, plus I'm on vacation, haha. But A9 would be in the same list where you were scrolling, starting at at 0:50 in the first video. The same list that has 09, 17, 19, 52, 5F, etc.
Oh haha well if your cool to help ☺️
the last on the list there are the A5 BB Bc ☹️

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yes I noticed that A9 wasn't on the list. But I'm strongly inclined to think the issue is your interface. Maybe it needs to be updated. 🤷🏿‍♂️

This gets into the weeds a little, but Module 19 - Gateway has a master list of the other modules installed in your car. Some interfaces will look at that master list, and give you a list of only the modules in that list... instead of the full list (that shows when you scroll in your video).

Alternatively, the interface can "scan" the car to see what modules are available. And then, again, the list would only show those modules.

The list you scrolled through seems to have almost every module that's available on VAG cars (except A9, as we know). But I know that several of those modules are not installed in your car, or any Golf model. So that tells me your interface is not "scanning" the car or checking the master list in Module 19.

Assuming the wiring to your soundaktor is good, including power, then a properly working interface should see it. If you are only curious about the soundaktor but you are otherwise happy with your current interface then you might be at a stopping point.

But, I would very very very strongly recommend VCDS or OBDEleven. Both are vastly more capable than any generic interface. Both have great official support forums and support on other forums like here. I prefer VCDS myself, but either will get you sorted. No need to buy credits with OBD, and no credit system at all with VCDS.