GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
Hi guys does anyone know where I can access the Soundaktor settings on my little plug and play obd11 car scanner module/app please?
I’ve been through all the settings and can’t find it anywhere.
I don’t have vcds
I don’t have the silly pay for credit aps
I just have the ‘car scanner pro’ module
Thanks in advance
Matt
Mk7 golf gtd dsg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm not familiar with your car but aren't the soundactor settings in the media center without using OBDeleven?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What do you want to do with the Soundaktor? Since it's not in the media center I doubt there are any settings for a different volume. If you want to shut it off just disconnect it.

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
What do you want to do with the Soundaktor? Since it's not in the media center I doubt there are any settings for a different volume. If you want to shut it off just disconnect it.
It’s already disabled but it’s there and plugged in, I was looking for how to turn it on, I’ve never heard it, I just wanted a little play with it

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
The Soundaker is the A9 module, so look for A9 in OB11. I use vagcom and that is the module that you can change from 100 to 0%.

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk7-golf/mk7-golf-obdeleven-vcds-tweaks/

I found it under "Structure Borne Sound"..... thanks for the weird names, VW.

so I had a check this morning guys
And couldn’t find anything at all relating to structure borne sounds and I looked in the long coding section? Relating to a9 but it’s either hex or binary and not sure what I need to change as there is no description
If you guys have a minute spare can you just check this phone screen capture video I linked to YouTube please and see what you think?

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
Who gives a shit? just leave it disabled, its garbage. If you want fake engine noises play Forza

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Does a GTD without the Sport and Sound package have the soundaktor?

This is a real question, no GTD's over here, but this would suggest it does not.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/sport-and-sound-pack-on-gtd.315598/

Edit: I missed that you already see it. Was it removed from your gateway installation list? And does it have power? Pin 3 at the module (6 pin connector), coming from fuse 34 in the cabin fuse box.

Last edited:

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
Does a GTD without the Sport and Sound package have the soundaktor?

This is a real question, no GTD's over here, but this would suggest it does not.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/sport-and-sound-pack-on-gtd.315598/

Edit: I missed that you already see it. Was it removed from your gateway installation list? And does it have power? Pin 3 at the module (6 pin connector), coming from fuse 34 in the cabin fuse box.
I think it’s not included in the exhaust system but the speaker in the dash is in all models (and I physically see it in mine)
Without looking into the power side surely there is a way to change the setting back on that I’m guessing a previous owner has turned off, it’s there on the apps where you have to buy silly credits lol but on my basic obd11 it’s not findable or I need to change some long coding?

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
You can use OBDEleven without ever buying a single credit. Just do the coding manually.
Yeah I have no idea how to do that though
And on my obd11 I have no credit setup or anything it’s not that type
If you look at the video I posted can you see where I would do it manually?