GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor Removal

jtbazz1

Ready to race!
I was so hesitant to do this as I figured if VW put it there it must be there for a reason. All that i can say after removal is WOW. Why would the engineers ever have allowed that piece of crap. The engine sounds amazing without out it. I was thinking there would be no noise but soooo not true. The engine sounds perfect now.

Please trust me when I tell you that if you were on the fence about unplugging, it is definitely the way to go.

Just my two-cents :cool:

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
If you physically removed it can you report the part # of the unit? I am curious to determine if the R has the same soundaktor as the GTI PP.

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
If you physically removed it can you report the part # of the unit? I am curious to determine if the R has the same soundaktor as the GTI PP.

According to Deutsche the soundaktor is the same on the R and the control unit directly behind it is different. I'm most likely going to order it this week so I'll keep you posted.

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
Why would you order a Soundaktor?

The soundaktor is the same between the R and GTI. It's the control module for the soundaktor that's different. So for guys like me that have a GTI but want our soundaktor to sound like the R than that module from the R is needed. I realize some people don't like it and I may be in the minority but think the R soundaktor sounds awesome.

GGray

Ready to race!
I want to reprogram it to F1 sounds or two stroke noises.

I hate to say this but having a switch to turn on F1 engine noise might be really funny for a passenger to hear.. :D especially if they were not real car people...

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
The soundaktor is the same between the R and GTI. It's the control module for the soundaktor that's different. So for guys like me that have a GTI but want our soundaktor to sound like the R than that module from the R is needed. I realize some people don't like it and I may be in the minority but think the R soundaktor sounds awesome.

I agree. Keep me posted. Send pm when you complete the swap.
Thanks and good luck with the swap!