GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor levels GTI MK7.5 Facelift

fuelboss

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5 DSG
I see that on this model that the soundaktor level can be adjusted. There are are 4 options, Sport, Normal, Eco and Comfort. I have now set it to Eco and the level is reduced. I presume that as their are 4 settings that Eco is 25% of the maximum. Does anyone know that is correct as I don't see any info in the handbooks that relates to this.

plac

GTI Master
I see that on this model that the soundaktor level can be adjusted. There are are 4 options, Sport, Normal, Eco and Comfort. I have now set it to Eco and the level is reduced. I presume that as their are 4 settings that Eco is 25% of the maximum. Does anyone know that is correct as I don't see any info in the handbooks that relates to this.

i only run in eco. i hoped it was 0% but it might not be. but most people that hate the sound just disable it completely with vagcom or odbeleven. Me, i would rather just adjust those settings if its possible, so if i get in the mood for some sound once a month, i can still have it. i'd like Eco to be at 0-5%. not even sure you can customize each point tho..

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Is anyone sure? AFAIK it hasn't changed from 50% for all modes except Sport, which is 100%. IMO, NO self respecting enthusiast should have it working at all. The first thing I did when I brought my car home was set it to zero with VCDS.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Except for those of us that go to the track and need to hear the car through our helmets.

Perfect excuse to get a downpipe. The car is way too muted with soundaktor set to 0% with the factory downpipe.

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
I like soundaktors and I cannot lie, those other dubbers can't deny, when you get in your car and can't hear it at all you gots to plug it in. Cause you need action YEAH, engine YEAH, the aktor of the sound. When you unplug the box to make it real, it kinda sucks, now you can't hear nothing.

rip steakface

Go Kart Newbie
I like soundaktors and I cannot lie, those other dubbers can't deny, when you get in your car and can't hear it at all you gots to plug it in. Cause you need action YEAH, engine YEAH, the aktor of the sound. When you unplug the box to make it real, it kinda sucks, now you can't hear nothing.

well done! :D

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Is anyone sure? AFAIK it hasn't changed from 50% for all modes except Sport, which is 100%. IMO, NO self respecting enthusiast should have it working at all. The first thing I did when I brought my car home was set it to zero with VCDS.

It seems to be 50% in non-Sport modes, and 100% in Sport mode.

neoagnusdei

I had a 15 GTI SE DSG, which was totaled in a T-bone accident. It was replaced with a 17 GTI Sport DSG. Even in the sport setting, Soundaktor makes less noise compared to the 15 GTI SE DSG that I had. I liked the fake noise made by Soundactor.
I miss the Fender audio and the prominent fake noise.

fuelboss

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5 DSG
Just unplug the darn thing (under the hood) and forget about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTRQMizppAY

Vic

I did that on my last car and I would do it again but my hands are too big to get to the connectors easily. I will get the dealer to turn it down this week as it goes in for a very minor paint job. I am too old fashioned to listen to the artificial noise, pretending that this is what the car sounds like outside.

plac

GTI Master
i really think i can tell a difference in eco vs normal. I think my manual said its quietest in Eco. Would be cool if I'm wrong. If someone has been into vagcom on these MK7 / MK7.5 settings, do you know if you can customize each setting percentage instead of completely disabling?

Ps. I dont get email notifications from all the threads i post in...

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
i really think i can tell a difference in eco vs normal. I think my manual said its quietest in Eco. Would be cool if I'm wrong. If someone has been into vagcom on these MK7 / MK7.5 settings, do you know if you can customize each setting percentage instead of completely disabling?

Ps. I dont get email notifications from all the threads i post in...

I don't think Eco turns it to 0%. There is only one value you can change, which by default is 100%. Maybe if you set it to x% you can cycle through the modes and see if it uses that as a baseline and see if it reduces it in different modes?