GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor firmware updates are now possible :-)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@BadHombre760 It can be done ODIS offline, you just need a computer and VAS5054... It can be had on AliExpress or you can borrow one in the rental thread, pretty sure it's in this sub-forum.

It was at least three years ago but I think I paid somewhere around 60 bucks for my VAS5054

Edit: I now don't see them for less than about $100, this is on AliExpress. Different "stores" from where I got mine in 2018 but all the same I presume.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@Chillout and anyone else that may have some insight. I've got one of the unlocked firmware files installed (FL_8S0907159___0004_UNLOCKED_2.odx). It loaded with no problems, and should have sound in Comfort, Normal, Sport and Eco. I have no errors in the module and output test (via VCDS) works. The one adaptation the module has is set to 100%.

I have these modes configured in my driving profiles, as seen here...
PXL_20220315_052021937.jpg

When I switch modes between Eco, Comfort, Normal and Sport (or change modes using the dropdown in Custom) while looking at the measuring values of the soundaktor module in VCDS everything looks correct, as seen here. I don't know if I should see anything in "Driving profile switchover" or not. It always says no request but possibly it's a quick transient when switching over and VCDS logging resolution isn't set high enough for me to catch it. Anybody with factory soundaktor have some time to waste looking at measuring values for me?
PXL_20220321_001333781.jpg

But there is no sound in any mode. Either that or it's too quiet for me to hear. From the way people (used to) talk about wanting to disable the soundaktor I can't imaging it's so quiet that I wouldn't be able to hear it with the radio off, windows up, while specifically listening for it. I guess it's also possible I'm not getting into the range when I would hear since this firmware has a max RPM of 8150 and my car is a diesel. But I took it to 5500 with no sound. And the GTD firmware also has a max RPM of 8150. I know you gas guys like to rev but you're not daily driving at 6000+ are you?

Uzumaki_cs

Car(s)
Mk7.5 gti
Hello people im new here , today i have tried the 2020 s3 and wow the soundaktor sounds real like a rs3 ,is there a way to put this sound on my 2019 GTI ? Thanks👍👍👍🙏

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@Uzumaki_cs Download the file you want from the github, in the first post, and use ODIS to flash it to your soundaktor module .
I am assuming your GTI already has the soundaktor from factory.

Uzumaki_cs

Car(s)
Mk7.5 gti
Thanks for the reply , yes it have the soundaktor from factory, but what is the file i need to download to get the sound like rs3?
Thanks

Uzumaki_cs

Car(s)
Mk7.5 gti
Yes but im sorry but i dont understand how it works i see many versions to download but i dont know what is the good one for my car

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
You can load any of the internal soundaktor firmware (159 type). It's your choice for what you want to load.

The instructions for reading the table are on the page as well. I gently recommend reading everything on that page. There is no need for me to copy/paste everything from that page into the forum.