GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sound system optical fault

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Hi all,

It's funny how the minute you start thinking about replacing something, it breaks...

While driving on Thursday, I noticed the subwoofer (Dynaudio) disappear from the sound menu on the stereo. I ran an OBD11 scanner on it and it told me the following:

1619952324640.jpeg

I restarted the head unit by holding the power button for 10 seconds and when it came on again, it was back.

I'm pretty sure the woofer was working when this happened but because I couldn't adjust it (turn it up) to double-check, I can't be sure.

Since then, this error has come up a couple of times. I'm new to digging around inside my car as it is and not currently sure where the other end of this fiberoptic cable is, does it go under the driver's seat to the amplifier for the speakers?

I'm a little worried about the woofer - I got separated from the car for 3 months due to the January lockdown and when I got back to it in March I found a pool of (clean) water in the spare wheel well, under the carpet. There are no signs of damage inside the boot but it has crossed my mind, several times, that something could have happened to the woofer with however that got in there.

Have any of you seen anything like this before? If it's green like that, is it something major to worry about?

Thanks!