GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

sorry stupid question

alan h

Ready to race!
Really really stupid question heated rear windscreen on GTD MK7 UK is there a button if so where? i see the front (direct airflow i presume haven't got climate windscreen though have winter pack robbing bastards) and the mirrors but the rear?

mcpezza

The owners manual is a goldmine of info:

With Standard Aircon it's the square symbol with the vertical wavy lines in the stripe of buttons above the temp, fan and distribution controls.

Climatronic, it's the lower centre button in the left handle control for temp. Same symbol as above.

alan h

Ready to race!
on the row of buttons on the centre console? i pushed that last night and it did shite all, just presumed that was a button to direct air on to the window rather than pressing the button next to the passenger climate control.

to say the fan blower is fast on the front windscreen it took ages to clear

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Alan - as said above - its in the centre of the left hand circular dial (left zone temperature control dial) The middle of the dial has two buttons and its the lower one...

dosbox

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 UG 2-dr GTI
Really really stupid question heated rear windscreen on GTD MK7 UK is there a button if so where? i see the front (direct airflow i presume haven't got climate windscreen though have winter pack robbing bastards) and the mirrors but the rear?

Are you talking about the rear window at the back of the car?

The rear window on every car I've been in is cleared by a heating element embedded within the glass - there is no vent directed at it.

Bungleaio

Ready to race!
Climate windscreen must be ordered with the advanced telephone connection so works out to be a £500 option overall. You can tell if you have it by pressing the menu on the centre dial, below auto.

The heated rear screen is activated by the lower button on the left

alan h

Ready to race!
sorry as per title really thick i took it as the BIG left button was just the front windscreen, didnt see the lower part rear, should have looked harder in the dark albeit the golf lights up like a space ship.

i'll go back to sleep now thanks all

HXP

Ready to race!
Planet Earth

Glad the forum helped it is a real goldmine of information. Lots of really helpful people.

One thing that does help reponding is to know what region you are in as USA / German / UK cars all seem to have different specs and a few national quirks.

If you post again might help if you narrowed it down a bit to county /country

Just trying to be helpful not a Golf stalker ( honest )

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
sorry as per title really thick i took it as the BIG left button was just the front windscreen, didnt see the lower part rear, should have looked harder in the dark albeit the golf lights up like a space ship.

i'll go back to sleep now thanks all

Don't worry I did the same as you a few nights ago.................

WTF is the heated rear window button???.................panic set in................:D

As you say it lights up like the "Enterprise"............got confused.........:confused:.......so many lights to chose from, not built in the automatic I know which one to hit reflex yet for some functions..........:eek: