GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Someone tried removing GTI sideskirts

adefendo1

Ready to race!
Washed the car last night and I noticed that the passengers side side skirt was separating from the body. Upon closer inspection I noticed what looks like screw driver marks indentions in the plastic as if some was trying to pry them off. Tried pushing it back in but no dice. Is it held in place w clips, sticky tape, screws etc? I have a heat gun to heat it up and bend back. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions appreciated! Thanks [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KlipZ

Ready to race!
Why in the world would anyone want to take the side skirts off a GTI? they're lame.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
the side skirts clip in to a bracket, if you try to slide (toward front of car IIRC) should release side skirt, then you can realign and slide back on

ACE2

Ready to race!
Have you used a Floor jack at all since having the car? Most of the time this happens when car is lifted and it's not padded

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

adefendo1

Ready to race!
Lol, thanks for the responses. Negative on having used a jack on the car. ( that's 2 months out when new suspension goes in) I'll try getting them realigned tomorrow when I have the day to myself

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I installed them on my TSi. There is a strip of receiving clips screwed to the car. There are clips on the back side of the skirt that click into those receivers. It looks like the screw that holds the receiving strip to the car is backing out. I'd take it to your dealer esp if you're under warranty.

adefendo1

Ready to race!
I installed them on my TSi. There is a strip of receiving clips screwed to the car. There are clips on the back side of the skirt that click into those receivers. It looks like the screw that holds the receiving strip to the car is backing out. I'd take it to your dealer esp if you're under warranty.

Thanks, I'll look at in in the am and if it's not an easy fix then I'll see if the dealership will fix under warranty[emoji106]

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Looks like it maybe caught on something, in my experience when prats try lifting stuff off cars or bikes if they don't suceed they make a real mess while trying. Either way hope it gets sorted....

adefendo1

Ready to race!
I thought so too but I'm always careful when driving and there is zero damage anywhere else rear,around or underneath where it's coming off. I figure if I would have hit something there'd be at least some damage elsewhere close to where is prying off. Maybe they tried and when it didn't come off easily they gave up

adefendo1

Ready to race!
Ok, thought I'd give an update..pulled off the side skirts and mounting assembly.. looks like I did hit something and hard. Bent the crap out of the under carriage. Just don't know when or what it could have been. The side skirt is ok but turns out the mounting bracket it broken in half. If anyone knows the oem mounting hRdware item number that would be a big help.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
least i know how to take them off if i ever want to get body color skirts :)