GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some SUPER good StopTech deals...if you aren't picky about the color

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
How are stop tech calipers. Do they make them themselves or outsourced from another company? Might be a good buy and then recolor them after the fact

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
How are stop tech calipers. Do they make them themselves or outsourced from another company? Might be a good buy and then recolor them after the fact
Stoptech are designed and built (milled & assembled) in the USA at their California facility. They are the best out there behind AP racing. 99% of track guys in the US run stoptech due to made in USA, reliability, and easily accessible parts & customer service.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I don't know what your talking about I just order mine??? And they said the sale was going on until they reduce their stock.
Sale.is on going. Also FYI the sale is a stoptech sale that's run thru buybrakes as the link to the overstock sale is on stoptechs own website.

They are offering me the proper st40 kit for my R at $2049 shipped + some.other free goodies. I wish I could be lucky and get that sweet $1250 deal but I feel more comfortable with buying the proper kit that keeps the brake bias correct for the chassis instead of buying the golf kit and shifting it around.

FYI the R kit runs 38/42 pistons where the golf kit is 34/36.

15S3

Ready to race!
Just bought the Golf/A3 kit for my S3. I know they're not optimal but this is strictly a DD car that almost certainly won't see the track or even any all out street driving. I'm mainly looking for better brake feel/modulation and dropping a ton of rotational mass and unsprung weight. We'll see how it goes. Appreciate the help on deciphering the numbering scheme. Btw, they didn't have the coated rotors. Is there an effective way to apply something similar myself?

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Just bought the Golf/A3 kit for my S3. I know they're not optimal but this is strictly a DD car that almost certainly won't see the track or even any all out street driving. I'm mainly looking for better brake feel/modulation and dropping a ton of rotational mass and unsprung weight. We'll see how it goes. Appreciate the help on deciphering the numbering scheme. Btw, they didn't have the coated rotors. Is there an effective way to apply something similar myself?
The coating is useless. It wears off anyways.

The more time passes the more idk if I can justify the $800 more for the 12% more piston area lol. Going to do some calculations tonight to check.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Just ordered a set of the blue ST-40's with the 355mm slotted rotors. Was looking to upgrade the brakes on my golf for quite some time, and this deal really was way to good to pass up. Will need to run a 5mm spacer on my ampliforms, but aside from that fitment checks out. Made certain to call stoptech directly to successfully clear up the fact that it mates up to the TSI's carriers.

Shoutout to the rep from site as well. Super helpful and walked me through the process., was quoted as under three weeks for shipping.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just ordered a set of the blue ST-40's with the 355mm slotted rotors. Was looking to upgrade the brakes on my golf for quite some time, and this deal really was way to good to pass up. Will need to run a 5mm spacer on my ampliforms, but aside from that fitment checks out. Made certain to call stoptech directly to successfully clear up the fact that it mates up to the TSI's carriers.

Shoutout to the rep from site as well. Super helpful and walked me through the process., was quoted as under three weeks for shipping.

What size Ampliforms do you have? 18x8.5 et43?
If so, sure I'll need at least 5mm spacers. Will have to measure before they get here.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Via a brake bias calc if i run the golf kit on my R and run pagid rsl29 up front and oem pads in the rear it will retain the same brake bias as stock using what data i have available to me.

tWat

Ready to race!
My ST40 kit showed up today! They originally said 3+ weeks but it literally shipped the day after I received that notification. They shipped to my work and arrived after I left so I look forward to opening them up tomorrow!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
My ST40 kit showed up today! They originally said 3+ weeks but it literally shipped the day after I received that notification. They shipped to my work and arrived after I left so I look forward to opening them up tomorrow!

Didn't you just order 4 or 5 days ago? That's crazy.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
What size Ampliforms do you have? 18x8.5 et43?
If so, sure I'll need at least 5mm spacers. Will have to measure before they get here.
Exactly that spec, eyeballing it you might be able to get away with a 3mil spacer but i'd rather be safe and give the touch extra clearance with a 5mil.