GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some SUPER good StopTech deals...if you aren't picky about the color

tWat

Ready to race!
Just got off the phone with stoptech. The 897 golf kit will fit the 896 golf R but it won't be optimal. Piston sizing is 30,34 vs 32,34. He was asking the engineer who tested them on his personal golf R next to him. Piston size is different due to fwd vs awd & more weight per the engineer he brought on the phone.

So will it be better than stock, hell yes. Will it preform.as optimally as possibly, no it won't.

The difference is $1000 in the 897 vs 896 kit for me and I track 4-6 times a year. I feel like the $1000 savings is justified but I hope someone else can chime in.

So I happened to buy Teemy's used ST40 kit off of the forum the week before the OP created this thread. So I actually recevied the used kit from the forum member and the new kit at the same time.

With that said I just opened up both boxes this after noon and both calipers have larger pistons than the sizes you quoted above. The used kit that Teemy sold me has 36/38 pistons and the new kit I received has 34/36 pistons. Both are larger than what Stoptech told you.

Kinda odd?

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
So I happened to buy Teemy's used ST40 kit off of the forum the week before the OP created this thread. So I actually recevied the used kit from the forum member and the new kit at the same time.

With that said I just opened up both boxes this after noon and both calipers have larger pistons than the sizes you quoted above. The used kit that Teemy sold me has 36/38 pistons and the new kit I received has 34/36 pistons. Both are larger than what Stoptech told you.

Kinda odd?
I have confirmed with stoptech and if you look.up the caliper part # for those kits they both match. Idk what to tell you other than 2 different sites/people have cgiven me the same #'s so idk.

What part # kits did you purchase

The 30/34 you quoted from my post is the pistons from their 6 piston kit.

tWat

Ready to race!
I have confirmed with stoptech and if you look.up the caliper part # for those kits they both match. Idk what to tell you other than 2 different sites/people have cgiven me the same #'s so idk.

What part # kits did you purchase

The 30/34 you quoted from my post is the pistons from their 6 piston kit.

I just assumed since you only put two #'s for piston sizing that you were referring to the ST40 kit and not the St60 kit.

I bought the 897 golf kit.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I just ordered the 82.895.5N00.81 for a whopping $770 shipped. Does anybody know if the st-41 with 328mm rotors will fit under the Austins without spacers?

I have the ST40 with the two-piece 328mm rotors and I need to run a 5mm spacer to clear the wheel. It's subtle and not very noticeable.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
So with the st-41 being smaller there's hope I may not need spacers.

It's possible. I would say at the most you might need a 3mm spacer.

tWat

Ready to race!
If anyone is interested I'm going to sell my BRAND NEW ST40 calipers with a used set of 2 piece 328mm Stoptech rotors, pads and lines. Basically a used 328mm kit with new Yellow ST40 calipers. Note that these are the standard Golf ST40's that have the 34/36 mm pistons. Fits all MK7 models. Willing to let these go for $1k shipped! PM me if you are interested.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If anyone is interested I'm going to sell my BRAND NEW ST40 calipers with a used set of 2 piece 328mm Stoptech rotors, pads and lines. Basically a used 328mm kit with new Yellow ST40 calipers. Note that these are the standard Golf ST40's that have the 34/36 mm pistons. Fits all MK7 models. Willing to let these go for $1k shipped! PM me if you are interested.

Post pictures! That’s an awesome deal

Edit: will that work tho? Is the st40 kit also 328mm or would the carrier be different?

tWat

Ready to race!
Post pictures! That’s an awesome deal

Edit: will that work tho? Is the st40 kit also 328mm or would the carrier be different?

I'll post pictures tonight. ST40 caliper is universal and fits all their different size rotors. I will be including the mounting bracket for the 328 rotor fitment.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Anyone else received theirs? Tomorrow will be a full week since I paid for mine so hopefully I’ll have tracking information soon.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Nothing yet. After Yip got his in a few days, was hoping to get mine as I ordered on Thursday afternoon. I think he ordered on weds