GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some SUPER good StopTech deals...if you aren't picky about the color

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
They start to firm up, but that doesn't mean there's NO grip at <42 degrees. Just less than there would be at higher temps. They are still acceptable in the temps he is going to see in NC/lower VA. It's a good compromise for his area during the months that a summer tire would not be advisable.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
You can literally Google it to get the same information.

I did that last year for those particular tires and they are perfectly fine for my conditions. Nothing came up about them losing grip under 42 degrees.

Mother, you are correct. The little bit of snow that we got last year, I had zero issues driving with the tires.

15S3

Ready to race!
Picked up an ST-40 kit (83.892.4300.51) for my 2015 S3 months ago and am just getting around to a test fit. With Enkei RS-05RR (18x8.5) rims it looks like 7mm spacers will give me about 3mm clearance. I thought I'd need a different set of lines based on comments in this thread, my kit came with 950.33014 line kit, but holding them up to my stock lines it appears they should work. They might be an inch or so shorter but seems like there's plenty of slack in the stock lines. Am I missing something? Trying to avoid doing the install twice :). Is anybody leaving the stock dust shields on? Thanks

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Picked up an ST-40 kit (83.892.4300.51) for my 2015 S3 months ago and am just getting around to a test fit. With Enkei RS-05RR (18x8.5) rims it looks like 7mm spacers will give me about 3mm clearance. I thought I'd need a different set of lines based on comments in this thread, my kit came with 950.33014 line kit, but holding them up to my stock lines it appears they should work. They might be an inch or so shorter but seems like there's plenty of slack in the stock lines. Am I missing something? Trying to avoid doing the install twice :). Is anybody leaving the stock dust shields on? Thanks
good job buying the incorrect stoptech kit for your car.

15S3

Ready to race!
well if I'm asking about the possibility of needing a different brake line kit obviously I know it's not the "correct" stoptech kit

GTI#2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
You could contact stoptech for the correct lines. I’m not sure the kit you’re referring to but you might need different pistons as well, stoptech could tell you that. And what offset are your wheels? I have 18x8.5 45mm offset and have plenty of room, no spacer required.

btw I fixed my cracked rim with a new set of fifteen52 integrales

15S3

Ready to race!
My wheels are 45et, definitely weren't going to work without spacers. Maybe the 355mm rotors push the caliper out enough to give the clearance needed, I've got 328mm rotors. I watched GTI Jake's video and he explains the difference in the lines on kits designed for MK6 vs the MK7 setup. It's just a minor difference on the end that connects with the hard line, specifically the shape of the fitting which doesn't allow it to go through the bracket on the chassis. A couple minutes with a file and dremel on the bracket and it slides in like a glove. Just have to disable the brake pad warning sensor, bleed the system and button everything up.

GTI#2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
Am I missing something? Trying to avoid doing the install twice :). Is anybody leaving the stock dust shields on? Thanks

My wheels are 45et, definitely weren't going to work without spacers. Maybe the 355mm rotors push the caliper out enough to give the clearance needed, I've got 328mm rotors. I watched GTI Jake's video and he explains the difference in the lines on kits designed for MK6 vs the MK7 setup. It's just a minor difference on the end that connects with the hard line, specifically the shape of the fitting which doesn't allow it to go through the bracket on the chassis. A couple minutes with a file and dremel on the bracket and it slides in like a glove. Just have to disable the brake pad warning sensor, bleed the system and button everything up.

Seems like you got it all figured out. If I were you I’d confirm with stoptech about the pistons. GTI and R have different pistons, I assume S3 will also differ from GTI. I didn’t try refitting dust shields.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Seems like you got it all figured out. If I were you I’d confirm with stoptech about the pistons. GTI and R have different pistons, I assume S3 will also differ from GTI. I didn’t try refitting dust shields.

You must not understand what they mean by different pistons.

Different size pistons mean a different diameter bore, so you’re not just swapping them out.

The difference between the gti and R piston sizes are so minimal 99% of drivers are never going to notice. What you’re saying is completely off pace for this thread as we ALL purchased the “wrong” brakes on purpose to save 50%...that was the whole point of this thread.

Go preach it to the thousands of vw & audi owners who run TTRS, TTS, Boxer S or any other BBK that’s not engineered specifically for their car.

15S3

Ready to race!
^ This, thanks to people like GTI Jake for the insightful info and for assuring us we wouldn't all die, like the guy at Stoptech tried to warn me. Brakes feel great so far in very limited testing. I'm most likely never going to track this car, just wanted a bit of bling, significant weight savings, better pedal feel, and super easy pad swapping ability :)