GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Some SUPER good StopTech deals...if you aren't picky about the color

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Lol? What would you even use washers for? Sounds like user error to me.

They are ball seat conversion washers. Ideally they are R13 radius on the convex side, and a 60 degree taper on the concave. Lol.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
They are ball seat conversion washers. Ideally they are R13 radius on the convex side, and a 60 degree taper on the concave. Lol.
What use is that even for? I've never heard of any stud conversion loosening up in general let alone someone specifically mentioning a particular wheel brand.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
What use is that even for? I've never heard of any stud conversion loosening up in general let alone someone specifically mentioning a particular wheel brand.

For uh, converting a ball seat wheel to use a conical seat lug or bolt. It's sorta in the name. Here's what Uro Tuning sells:

https://www.urotuning.com/products/...onical-bolts-set-of-20?variant=12968513699895

They don't state what ball seat radius these are, but if they are R13 and fit properly in the Neuspeed wheels they should do an okay job of transferring and holding torque tension against the wheel. If they don't fit properly and aren't making good contact to either or both seating surfaces then tension won't be created and they can loosen up.

I don't think this could be an issue, but you're also losing thread engagement on the stud because of the washer to some degree, so if you have spacers or anything like that you might not be getting minimum thread engagement either (should be 14mm).

IMO, any fastener setup with a habit of loosening up is not a safe one.

Also sorry for the wicked thread derail here!

GTI#2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
Last night ordered silver 355 mm st40 mk6 kit w/mk7 lines. He said they have two silver and one yellow left. I used the template to confirm they clear my team dynamics 18x8 et 45 but I'll need to get the balancing weights moved.

AR11

Ready to race!
Does anyone know (either from experience or a picture) if the ST40 355mm clear the 18" cadiz wheels?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Does anyone know (either from experience or a picture) if the ST40 355mm clear the 18" cadiz wheels?

I would guarantee you need a 5-10mm spacer. I know pretorias need 5 or 6mm or something like that.

Isn't the 18" Cadiz same spec as the Austin 18x7.5 et49 (or 51, can't remember), so would think you need 15mm spacers.

Disclaimer: no real experience with this setup

GTI#2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
It’s been a week and a half since I placed order. I’m going crazy checking email every ten minutes looking for that shipping notification

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

I have the ST40 355mm and have tested these OEM wheels: Pretoria Wheels, Durban Wheels, and BBS CH.

Of course it varies slightly on design but I would say at least ET43-44 after spacers. You might be able to get away with ET45-46 but it seemed too close for comfort.

CozzaFrenzy808

I ordered an ST-40 kit in Silver for my Golf about 2 weeks ago. I was told 3-4 weeks to receive. Did you guys receive any shipping/tracking info? Or did you guys just wait until it showed up?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GTI#2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
Based on previous posts I'm pretty sure they send a shipping notification email. Its been two weeks for me too. Anticipation is killlling me. I got my wheels re-balanced to get the weights further inside to provide a little more clearance. I have 18x8 et45 team dynamics pro race; based on the template, they should clear the spokes by 2-3 mm without any spacers

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Does anyone know the difference in weight between an ST40 and 355 mm rotor and an ST41 and 328 mm rotor?

I will probably go ST41 on my car and try to find some GTI PP brakes for the rear. I feel like 355mm rotors on my TSI is way overkill, even for track.

Also, what's the difference between the ST40 and ST41 caliper? They're both 4 piston from what I can tell.

GTI#2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
ST40 is better but twice the price of ST41. I have no idea if the price difference is worth it to you. I don’t think they have any ST41 kits left. When I talked to them two weeks ago all they had 2 silver and 1 yellow ST40 kits. I ordered one of the silver and pretty sure CozzaFrenzy808 got the other.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
ST40 is better but twice the price of ST41. I have no idea if the price difference is worth it to you. I don’t think they have any ST41 kits left. When I talked to them two weeks ago all they had 2 silver and 1 yellow ST40 kits. I ordered one of the silver and pretty sure CozzaFrenzy808 got the other.

Hmm, I guess for half the price I'll go with the ST41s. I am looking to go with 17s only so I don't think I'd be able to clear the ST40s.

I will just wait and keep checking on the link in this thread to see if the ST41s come back in stock. I'm in no rush since I'm still on the stock 16s, so I wouldn't be able to get any brakes anyways.