GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**SOLVED** Miss/flatspot or hesitation around 4500RPM

Periphery

Car(s)
Golf R Mk 7
Hey Ladies and Gents,

log attached

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15BDW4sTuyDU8H2hzkovlOBXdPHNJzdoxGIoqdVC4sGg/edit?usp=sharing

I'm running into roadblocks with information (or useful information) regarding a misfire or flat spot I'm getting at around 4500RPM

Mk 7 Golf R WM DSG
COBB AP Stage 1 ECU tune and Sport TCU map
This problem doesn't exist when I run the Simulated Stock Map from COBB but returns when I flash the Stage 1 tunes both 95RON and more prevalent in the 98RON.
I can't see anything out of the ordinary in the logs, boost is within the targeted range of 24 PSI, and all other values look like they are consistent, I'm getting no CEL and not TS codes from the OBD.
I have emailed COBB but due to me being in Australia it takes about 24 hours to get a reply and it's usually at 8 am my time, which is closing time for the guys at COBB in texas.

Has anyone had any issues like this and had them rectified, my old school mechanical brain is leaning towards a boost leak or plug gap issue as it's only occurring when the boost is turned up.
the other potential odd thing is the targeted AFR and the actual AFR are out in this part of the rev range ECU targets approx 12.7AFR and actual is around 13.2-13.6 so it's running slightly leaner in the range.
If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers

**SOLVED**

Pulled the plugs they are literally the completely wrong plug other than the length and the thread pitch being the same everything else was wrong.
They were a
PLRFR5A-11 - 0.041 gap and a #5 heat range
should have been
PLFER7A8EG - 0.031 gap and a #7 heat range.

Last edited:

Periphery

Car(s)
Golf R Mk 7
Stratified?

I run COBB
stage 1 map - miss/hesitation ect..
reflash the stock simulated map....so...STOCK no issue
when going back to stage 1 it returns..

maybe misread, stratified in the "stock simulated"

Periphery

Car(s)
Golf R Mk 7
I have, but wanted to step incrementally, ill eventually probably go EQT, seems everyone rates their tunes very highly but right now COBB tunes are safe as houses, super rich, and sensible timing.

Also to update

Pulled the plugs they are literally the completely wrong plug other than the length and the thread pitch being the same everything else was wrong.
They were a
PLRFR5A-11 - 0.041 gap and a #5 heat range
should have been
PLFER7A8EG - 0.031 gap and a #7 heat range.