GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Solved Front wheel spin haldex issue

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Hi all, I’ve just had the haldex oil replaced and gauze cleaned last week by myself and car has been perfect before hand no slip or spin but now it’s developed some front wheel spin, am I right in thinking that I need to do basic pump settings on OBDeleven or vcds? I’ve read a few things about the pump needing to relearn?
Many thanks all input appreciated.

GolfRchris

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R
Yes I have heard of this also but seeing as it was spot on before and then I done the haldex oil change and pump clean, its very important to do the pump relearn as when you take the pump out and remove the gauze to clean you basically drain the pump of oil and when you refit and refil with oil you have to purge the pump a few times using obd11 or vcds and you can physically hear the pump whining and self bleeding in the process. An important must do every time.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Problem solved. Just an update on the thread.
Haldex pump needed basic setting (pump relearn)
good as gold now.
Which module is that in?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
22-AWD. Go to basic settings and select “...pump motor.” Let it go until it stops and tells you it was successful. Easy peasy.

Ah, was thinking VAQ. Didn't realize he was talking about an R.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I’ve heard of people with the fwd haldex on a gti that are having to redo the reset every other month. Has that been a thing with u?
No, because I haven't figured out how to do the reset yet.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
No, because I haven't figured out how to do the reset yet.
When I increased traction on the unit. I was able to do it easily via obdeleven. I used YouTube instructions.

what I did was drive around till engine oil was 180f. By the time I got home it was almost 190f. I figured that was enough to get the vaq up to proper temp. Turned the car off. Increased traction. Made an xds change. And did the reset thingy.

vaq unit (or maybe it was it’s pump?) made some audible sounds. And that was it. Started the car and took it for a spin. Way less understeer. The gti went from a terminal understeer fest to something that still understeers too much. But in the cars defense. The stock Bridgestone tires are garbage.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
When I increased traction on the unit. I was able to do it easily via obdeleven. I used YouTube instructions.

what I did was drive around till engine oil was 180f. By the time I got home it was almost 190f. I figured that was enough to get the vaq up to proper temp. Turned the car off. Increased traction. Made an xds change. And did the reset thingy.

vaq unit (or maybe it was it’s pump?) made some audible sounds. And that was it. Started the car and took it for a spin. Way less understeer. The gti went from a terminal understeer fest to something that still understeers too much. But in the cars defense. The stock Bridgestone tires are garbage.
I get that, but which reset thingy. If I reset all adaptions, it resets to default VAQ settings.

Screenshot_20210116-001006_OBDeleven.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Differential locks>basic settings>reset adaptation values

make sure everything’s up to temp and car is off.
I've done that. It also sets the adaption for the VAQ back to standard. So then you set it to increased traction again or do you go to pump motor and select all adaptions?