GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD -

TEST DRyVer

Car(s)
718 Cayman GTS
I just edited this post to reflect the changes I made to be a bit more specific about what I’m looking for:

Looking for a Mk7 R (would also consider a 7.5 R) in DSG. Must be DSG since wifey will also be driving the car.
Car must also have DCC and Driver Assist (blind spot monitor is important to wifey, so I had to drop some really nice 2015’s I was looking at.
I have been searching for a private party R with a Stage 1 or Stage 2, preferably with supporting mods (mild suspension mods, exhaust, intake, etc…)
Open to colors, but no yellow or red (great colors, but too flashy for my driving style). Looking for something under 60k miles, but have recently been narrowing it down to below 45k miles. Condition and maintenance are very important to me.
I’m not looking for a car that’s been driven regularly in snow and salt (they are more difficult to sell in the future in our local warm / hot temperature). Budget is in the early $30k range (could increase for the perfect car).

You have to be aware and up to date on current market values. So, if you’re still expecting to sell your private party 16 R with a stage 1 and 50k miles for $36k, you’re simply not aware of the current values.

I am looking in the immediate future. So, the sooner the better.
If I have to ship it, that’s fine. If you have a loan on it, that’s fine. Most importantly- I am looking for a clean example!

Last edited:

REVerentRS

I will be selling my Reflex Silver 2017 Sport shortly. It has 54K on it and all the maintenance is up to date. Exterior is in good condition - has some small scratches on the rear bumper from someone bumping me in the parking lot. Interior is in excellent condition. It has newer brakes/rotors and tires. The car has an APR Stage II tune and APR DSG tune. I currently have the wheels up for sale if you want to see a photo of it. I could bundle the summer wheels if you like them. If interested, I can send you a full list of mods and some additional photos.

TEST DRyVer

Car(s)
718 Cayman GTS
I will be selling my Reflex Silver 2017 Sport shortly. It has 54K on it and all the maintenance is up to date. Exterior is in good condition - has some small scratches on the rear bumper from someone bumping me in the parking lot. Interior is in excellent condition. It has newer brakes/rotors and tires. The car has an APR Stage II tune and APR DSG tune. I currently have the wheels up for sale if you want to see a photo of it. I could bundle the summer wheels if you like them. If interested, I can send you a full list of mods and some additional photos.
I would love to see the wheels! A mod list is also preferable… You can text the info.

TEST DRyVer

Car(s)
718 Cayman GTS
Bump! Still looking for the right R. I’m growing impatient, as the need for a 3rd car is becoming more apparent. I recently agreed to a deal on a Merc C43 AMG on Friday (out of state), but was sold over the weekend to a local.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
I'm toying with idea of selling mine. I absolutely love it but I've been longing for a M2 Comp in a manual for quite some time now.
Mine meets most of your criteria but no Driver Assist and mine is Stage 3. I could remove the Vortex Std turbo, Euro Intake Manifold, MPI, PM4 and LPFP. I still have all my old E40 and 91 EQT tunes from when I was on the stock IS38 turbo. I would also remove some of the suspension bits as I have a lot on it in that dept as well. Steering wheel would go back to stock to.
Never driven in snow (I use my 4runner during winters here in CO) and always garaged. Motul sport oil changes every 3k, DSG done early at 35k. Just did 2nd Haldex service very early at 44k. Previous owner was older VW enthusiast in his 60's that as far as I can tell babied it. I purchased from him back in April 2019 with 29.5K miles on the clock. Has 45k now

My IG is here if you want to check pix --> https://www.instagram.com/colorado_mk7r/

Current Modlist (’16 Golf R – DSG)
EQT Vortex Standard Turbo
EQT Tuned (ECU E85/E40/91 & Stage 3 DSG Tune)
485 Designs 4” GESI Catted Downpipe
Precision Raceworks 925cc MPI & Lines
Euro Intake Manifold
5 Bar EQT TMAP + 4 Bar PUT sensors
Pagparts 535 LPFP
Torqbyte PM4
Autotech HPFP
EQT Pro Grounding Kit
Integrated Engineering v1 Intercooler
EQT Discharge Pipe + TMD
Racingline R600 Intake
MST TIP & Hose
CSF Auxiliary & DSG Coolers
BCS Powervalve Resonator Delete
Modified Stock Golf R Exhaust with 4” APR Tips
Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers w/ Isweep DCC cancellers
Eurosport Camber Mounts & Upper Front Stress Bar
Superpro Lower Control Arms
Super Pro Rear Sway Bar w/ Moog Rear End Links
034 Front Sway Bar
Whiteline Front Endlinks
034 Roll Center Ball Joints
Tyrolsport Deadset kit
BFI Stage 1 Engine & Tranny Mounts
034 Pendulum mount + Upper dogbone
APR Lower Dogbone Mount
UNIbrace XBQ
Ferodo DS2500 brake pads
Neuspeed RSe14s powdered Gloss Black w/PS4S (235/35/19)
ECS Rear Diffuser
Euro Dynamic Tail Lights
Aerofabb Rear Spoiler Extension
Custom Steering Wheel

TEST DRyVer

Car(s)
718 Cayman GTS
I'm toying with idea of selling mine. I absolutely love it but I've been longing for a M2 Comp in a manual for quite some time now.
Mine meets most of your criteria but no Driver Assist and mine is Stage 3. I could remove the Vortex Std turbo, Euro Intake Manifold, MPI, PM4 and LPFP. I still have all my old E40 and 91 EQT tunes from when I was on the stock IS38 turbo. I would also remove some of the suspension bits as I have a lot on it in that dept as well. Steering wheel would go back to stock to.
Never driven in snow (I use my 4runner during winters here in CO) and always garaged. Motul sport oil changes every 3k, DSG done early at 35k. Just did 2nd Haldex service very early at 44k. Previous owner was older VW enthusiast in his 60's that as far as I can tell babied it. I purchased from him back in April 2019 with 29.5K miles on the clock. Has 45k now

My IG is here if you want to check pix --> https://www.instagram.com/colorado_mk7r/

Current Modlist (’16 Golf R – DSG)
EQT Vortex Standard Turbo
EQT Tuned (ECU E85/E40/91 & Stage 3 DSG Tune)
485 Designs 4” GESI Catted Downpipe
Precision Raceworks 925cc MPI & Lines
Euro Intake Manifold
5 Bar EQT TMAP + 4 Bar PUT sensors
Pagparts 535 LPFP
Torqbyte PM4
Autotech HPFP
EQT Pro Grounding Kit
Integrated Engineering v1 Intercooler
EQT Discharge Pipe + TMD
Racingline R600 Intake
MST TIP & Hose
CSF Auxiliary & DSG Coolers
BCS Powervalve Resonator Delete
Modified Stock Golf R Exhaust with 4” APR Tips
Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers w/ Isweep DCC cancellers
Eurosport Camber Mounts & Upper Front Stress Bar
Superpro Lower Control Arms
Super Pro Rear Sway Bar w/ Moog Rear End Links
034 Front Sway Bar
Whiteline Front Endlinks
034 Roll Center Ball Joints
Tyrolsport Deadset kit
BFI Stage 1 Engine & Tranny Mounts
034 Pendulum mount + Upper dogbone
APR Lower Dogbone Mount
UNIbrace XBQ
Ferodo DS2500 brake pads
Neuspeed RSe14s powdered Gloss Black w/PS4S (235/35/19)
ECS Rear Diffuser
Euro Dynamic Tail Lights
Aerofabb Rear Spoiler Extension
Custom Steering Wheel
That sounds excellent! I gotta have driver assist for the blind spot feature. I like blind spot, but wifey NEEDS blind spot… I passed up a really well built 15 R on this forum because wifey asked if it had blind spot. Sounds like a killer build…
You will love the playful nature of the M2C! I had one before my current car. Really a fun car to drive, especially in manual. My biggest issue was the seats didn’t go low enough. That bothered me. I’m also 6’4, so it makes a difference. On a track day, I had to lean my seat back in an uncomfortable position to be able to fit my helmet.

Reactions: MSH

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
That sounds excellent! I gotta have driver assist for the blind spot feature. I like blind spot, but wifey NEEDS blind spot… I passed up a really well built 15 R on this forum because wifey asked if it had blind spot. Sounds like a killer build…

Completely understand! Yup, it's a great rig. Only took me 3 yrs to get it right where I want it and now I want to sell it :)
Good luck with the search

.... My biggest issue was the seats didn’t go low enough. That bothered me....
Chris H said the same thing and he's short! Clip here at 4:50....

TEST DRyVer

Car(s)
718 Cayman GTS
Completely understand! Yup, it's a great rig. Only took me 3 yrs to get it right where I want it and now I want to sell it :)
Good luck with the search

Chris H said the same thing and he's short! Clip here at 4:50....

So, Chris Harris has one. He has a 1M and and an M2CS. Difference is that the M2CS has the M3/M4 Comp seats, which actually sit about 1-2 inches lower. I shopped it. I was prepared to spend $5k on used seats from an M3 Comp to lower my seating position about 1.5 inches lower. Then I came to my senses and realized how crazy that sounds. Aside from the seating position that probably won’t bother the majority of people that own that car, it’s a great driving experience. You have to spend a bit of money getting the shift linkage right (BMW shift feel has never been all that great past the year 2000-2005). Older Bimmers have better shifter feel. You spend a bit getting the sound right, and you’re set.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
You stated you are looking at sub 45K mile Golf R’s and your budget is low 30’s. You will not find a Golf R for low 30’s with that low of mileage in this market. You could find plenty of GTis, for sure. But if you want a Golf R you’ll be ponying up

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Just a feeler, but 2018 golf R with 27k miles interest you? Mods in signature, daily driver but occasionally hit the drag strip. 12.1 at 111mph is current best 1/4 mile. 7.69 at 91.8mph fastest 1/8th mile. Would entertain $38k obo.
20220724_193329.jpg
20220724_193311.jpg
20220724_193219.jpg

TEST DRyVer

Car(s)
718 Cayman GTS
You stated you are looking at sub 45K mile Golf R’s and your budget is low 30’s. You will not find a Golf R for low 30’s with that low of mileage in this market. You could find plenty of GTis, for sure. But if you want a Golf R you’ll be ponying up
I’m working on it, buddy. There’s been a huge decline in dealership pricing over the last 2-3 months, and there is quite a bit of lingering inventory. They are out there, but I’ve yet to see anything that matches my criteria. I’m just now waiting for the private sellers to realize the shift in the current market and adjust accordingly. It’s all out of wack! You now have private sellers listed at or above average dealership pricing.
This is one of the main reasons I began to poke around at other brands. It seems that private sellers in the BMW and Mercedes world have already adjusted with the curve.
The R is one car that I really don’t want to buy from a dealership. I do not want to buy a car that was modified, beaten on, then thrown back to stock in cheapest way possible, and traded in to a dealership.
I’d rather buy a modified car that’s been driven hard, but cared for and maintained directly from the owner.
I would consider a modified R from a dealership that actually knew the history and mods.

TEST DRyVer

Car(s)
718 Cayman GTS
Just a feeler, but 2018 golf R with 27k miles interest you? Mods in signature, daily driver but occasionally hit the drag strip. 12.1 at 111mph is current best 1/4 mile. 7.69 at 91.8mph fastest 1/8th mile. Would entertain $38k obo. View attachment 260765View attachment 260766View attachment 260767
I appreciate you reaching out… The wheels look good! I don’t want to mess with a catless dp, even though that’s an easy fix. I live in the desert, so I would consider wrapping an all black car to keep it from always looking dirty. Wrapping a car that’s already on the higher end of the financial spectrum is just going to make it too expensive to make any sense.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
No worries. Good luck with your search !