GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD!

tWat

Ready to race!
SOLD!!!!!!!

Update 6/9/21:

I forgot to take this thread down when I decided to keep the car and move forward with installing the parts back at the beginning of the year. New mods and info updated below

Update 1/5/22:
Car is back to almost stock as of now. Only parts still on it currently is the Autotech HPFP, Cobb Accessport, spare tire kit & neuspeed dog bone insert. Stock brakes, suspension, intercooler, intake etc. are put back on. Mileage is the same since I never finished the MPI install and she pretty much sat this whole time from when I originally posted this FS thread. Car still will come with all the new in boxes OEM interior parts. Haven't sold all the mods yet except the turbo and camber plates so the rest is up for sale.

Update 1/13/22:
Car is 100% back to stock now so open to offers as she sits.

Willing to take $32,000 for the car as it sits with the extra interior pieces. Pretty confident I can get at least that much if not more from Carvana or Carmax locally since lots are still looking thin around my area.

Tornado Red Golf R
DSG
DCC
DAP
25k miles

Mods (All uninstalled):
  • CTS Intercooler
  • CTS TIP (SOLD)
  • VWR intake (modded to clear new charge pipe) (SOLD)
  • DBV2 V2 TBB turbo (SOLD)
  • DBV2 Charge pipes (powder coated black) (SOLD)
  • PR MPI kit with 925cc injectors and flex fuel lines (currently engine side parts installed and waiting for new OEM in tank basket to arrive to install PR pump into because I wanted to keep the original basket/pump as a spare)
  • APR Coils
  • NGK colder plugs
  • Neuspeed 6 piston front brake upgrade with stainless lines JUST HAD REBUILT 6/21 because Neuspeed factory coating was terrible so had them stripped, powder coated satin black with all new seals and hardware (isweep is2000 street pads and barely used is3500 track pads for front and is2000 rear pads) Also recently added the Neuspeed 2 piece rotors 6/21
  • Titan T-R10 18x8.5 machine black wheels (no curb rash and finish still looks brand new)
  • Michellin PS4S 255's (1 brand new because of warranty replacement and other 3 less than 1k miles)
  • Eibach Pro-Kit springs
  • 034 upper strut mounts (SOLD)
  • Neuspeed Dogbone mount insert
  • Spare tire kit installed
Recent work done:
New OEM VW battery installed 2020
Thermostat, housing and water pump replaced at 22k miles under warranty
Purchased a spare new OEM key/fob at the dealer
New OEM hood liner installed recently
New OEM hood rubber seal at cowl installed
Installed BRAND NEW OEM hpfp 1/13/22

Spare NEW OEM interior parts:
OEM Drivers side interior door panel NEW IN BOX
OEM Drivers side upper door gloss trim & handle NEW IN BOX
OEM Complete center console NEW IN BOX
OEM Shifter & surround trim NEW IN BOX
OEM Cubby door NEW IN BOX
OEM HVAC surround trim NEW IN BOX
OEM Radio, center vent surround trim NEW IN BOX

I bought this car locally in Feb 2020. I got the itch to buy it since I had a 16 GTI and always wondered how much better the R could be. I'm extremely critical of how clean my cars have to be so I ordered all the new OEM trim to replace every flaw I could find in the interior the same month I bought the car. I ended up never installing any of it because work got extremely busy and I have 6 other cars with half of them being projects so the R took a back seat to everything and just sat inside my shop. So I still have all the parts new in the VW boxes.

I did tow it to Laguna Seca for one HPDE event at the end of summer. I only took it because the transfer case on my EVO blew just before the event. This is why I upgraded to the Neuspeed brake setup which was worth every penny!

No accidents or paint work ever done on the car. It does have a few scratches but nothing major that you will notice without me pointing it out. Car has been stored inside my shop during my ownership. Always a Socal Car since new.

If you are interested and local I have a lift so I can show the car up in the air or send pics as requested.

Selling car for $32k

Aug-15-2020-Speed Ventures (Sat) (Laguna)[[4563080a32]] - Black Group - Session 3 (Corkscrew) ...jpg
Laguna R Aug 15 2020.jpg

IMG_20210101_1930109.jpg
IMG_20210101_1930192.jpg
IMG_20210101_2003319.jpg
IMG_20210101_2001431.jpg
IMG_20210101_2002010.jpg
IMG_20210101_2002286.jpg

IMG_20210101_1926063.jpg
IMG_20210101_1926415.jpg

Last edited:

tWat

Ready to race!
My apologies everyone as I thought I had taken the FS thread from last December down.....

I am now only selling the car with all the parts installed and a few other added things not originally listed like PR MPI and a few other bolt on items etc.

I will update the thread now since there seems to be some interest but again my apologies for not taking this down previously.

Last edited:

tWat

Ready to race!
so .. what is the deal ? for sale or off market ? price and what does it actually include ?

It's for sale 100% and I'm willing to sell in any configuration the buyer wants but if I don't get any serious offers after the 4th of July weekend I am going to put it back to stock and trade it in.

tWat

Ready to race!
Car is back to almost stock as of now. Only parts still on it currently is the Autotech HPFP and Cobb Accessport. Stock brakes, suspension, intercooler, intake etc. are put back on. Mileage is the same since I never finished the MPI install and she sat this whole time from when I originally posted this FS thread. Car still will come with all the new in boxes OEM interior parts. Haven't sold all the mods yet except the turbo and camber plates so the rest is up for sale.

Willing to take $32,000 for the car as it sits with the extra interior pieces. Pretty confident I can get at least that much if not more from Carvana or Carmax locally since lots are still looking thin around my area.