GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD: Set of 4 OEM VW 19" Pretoria With Michelin tires

parallax

Ready to race!
Scammer. Feel bad for whomever got scammed.
That would be me. The seller messaged me earlier today with a username, "Ellitey1" claiming that there is a technical issue with his original account that the moderators are trying to sort out. He apologized, and said the funds were still pending. What's weird is the PayPal address he gave me was "Sony@Myself.com". In today's message, he said to contact him personally at davken01@gmail.com if I needed anything else. "Expecting a mail from you! Thanks!"

What a crock, I'll be opening up a dispute with PayPal immediately.

Thanks for the heads up, Diggs.

Last edited:

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
I posted calling this a scam and my post got deleted... Whos moderating this site?
Was your post pre sale & the seller complained?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Was your post pre sale & the seller complained?
Yes, it had not sold yet.

I pointed out that the seller suspiciously had listed the mileage in kilometers despite having his location listed as Oregon. The seller then corrected his (fake) post and I assume complained to have my post removed.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yes, it had not sold yet.

I pointed out that the seller suspiciously had listed the mileage in kilometers despite having his location listed as Oregon. The seller then corrected his (fake) post and I assume complained to have my post removed.
That's not really sufficient evidence it is a scam. Next time take the next step and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
That's not really sufficient evidence it is a scam. Next time take the next step and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Someone else also posted it was a scam before me that was deleted. I didn't know that it was a verified scammer, but I did note specific evidence that it was.

The ADMINS deleted my post and the other guys post. Honestly if this guys doesn't get his money back he should seek damages from this forum.

MK7Buckeye

Thank god I didn’t fall for it. He PM’d me and I asked him why he listed it in km’s and he didn’t acknowledge it at. Then he asked me again if I was interested and I said no. Lol

LLAVES

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Thank god I didn’t fall for it. He PM’d me and I asked him why he listed it in km’s and he didn’t acknowledge it at. Then he asked me again if I was interested and I said no. Lol
There was another sale listed for black 19” Pretoria’s and the PayPal address was also sony@myself.com. Guy’s name is Brady Kennedy supposedly.

LLAVES

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
That would be me. The seller messaged me earlier today with a username, "Ellitey1" claiming that there is a technical issue with his original account that the moderators are trying to sort out. He apologized, and said the funds were still pending. What's weird is the PayPal address he gave me was "Sony@Myself.com". In today's message, he said to contact him personally at davken01@gmail.com if I needed anything else. "Expecting a mail from you! Thanks!"

What a crock, I'll be opening up a dispute with PayPal immediately.

Thanks for the heads up, Diggs.
I got the same PayPal address but he has been corresponding from a different email.

Last edited:

AJ2202

Ready to race!
I got the same PayPal address but he has been corresponding from a different email beady4219@gmail.com.
It was definitely a Huge Scam! This was the same mail the other seller sent me to make the payment via paypal. And for any reason Paypal doesn’t allow to make the payment to this address. Thank God! both sales of this Pretoria wheels looks like a scam.

LLAVES

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
It was definitely a Huge Scam! This was the same mail the other seller sent me to make the payment via paypal. And for any reason Paypal doesn’t allow to make the payment to this address. Thank God! both sales of this Pretoria wheels looks like a scam.
I’m definitely not comfortable with it.