GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOLD: EZ Retrofit Chinese Digital Dash, Piano Black Trim Pack

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
EZ Retrofit Chinese Digital Dash - $325 local or + Shipping SOLD

This is the unit. In great condition. Nothing wrong with it. A good alternative to the OEM if you want the digital dash look but don't want to deal with the hassle of coding and whatnot. Plus it's much cheaper. Has all the original accessories.

$325 for local pickup, or will ship at cost.

1643596925604.png

1643596949048.png

Piano Black Trim Pack - $125 local\shipped - SOLD

Do you have a MK7 GTI that you retrofit the sweet 8" glass screen in to? Have you been lying to yourself, saying it doesn't bother you that the piano black screen trim doesn't match the honeycomb patter trim? Have you wished that all the trim matched, but didn't feel like sourcing (or paying out the ass) for all the individual trim pieces?

If you said "Yes!", than this pack is for you!

This comes with the left drivers side vent, shifter trim surround, little cubby door cover, and non-dual zone heater control trim pieces. To complete the set, you'll just need the gauge trim, which you can get either from a dealer for $120, or if you have patience, off AliExpress for half of that (or get the sweet dash above!).

$125 for the pack, either picked up or shipped out. The shifter trim piece is almost $95 alone.

1643597543485.png

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Unrelated, how do you like the Arteon climate panel? I've been thinking of trying the Climatronic retrofit and am torn between the knobs and that bad boy.

I prefer the way it looks over the knobs. And I don't mind the way it works, I like the capacitive touch feature.

However, it has two pretty big drawbacks. One, I don't find the "Auto" feature to really do too good a job regulating the temperature, even with the two sensors installed. It's fine in the summer when the AC is just cranked, but in the cooler months, it seems to either be too hot or two cold.

The second is, you can't have your front windshield vents and footwell vents on at the same time. Because of the different ducting for a true dual zone unit, it just can't do that. And that is the main setting I like in winter.

I would usually just pop it out for the colder months and put the stock one back in for that time to get around those issues.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Damnit! I missed this and I'm in MA and would have grabbed it. Then again no chance I could install it

Ah damn.

Honestly, if you ever get one, it's extremally simple to install, and even simpler to reverse.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Removing the motherboard and installing it in the digital has me spooked. I'd pay to have it done lol

Understandable. But if you've ever build a custom PC, or taken your computer apart, it's no different than that. It is just a little more nerve racking the first time because you have that thought of "This will cost thousands of dollars to fix if I break it" 😂

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
What are the tradeoffs with this unit if you don't mind me asking?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What are the tradeoffs with this unit if you don't mind me asking?

There's a few small firmware stuff. Text getting cut off in places. Like if you look in the pictures above, you can see the "Enging Oil Temperature" text getting cut off. That's the only place I've noticed that. Issues with conversions NAR\ROW units. Like the amount of fueling is in liters instead of gallons. The range is in miles, but it's incorrect. It reads the correct range, say 150 miles, assumes that is KM, so it converts it to miles (even though it was already miles). So if you have 150 miles left, it would say 93 miles (150 km is 93 miles).

Keep in mind, that's all firmware stuff. There's plenty of sellers who sell these, and while I assume the hardware is the exact same, the firmware can be different. So you'd have these issues if you bought it from EZ Retrofit, but another seller might have different, but similar issues. Kind of just have to accept there will be little things like that since these are Chinese units at 1/3rd the price of an OEM retrofit (and much easier).

The biggest tradeoff, is these don't have a sunlight sensor in them. The dash itself has a dayy\night setting, so you can set two brightness levels, but that doesn't affect all the other lights in your vehicle. That little rotary knob next to your headlight\foglight switch that dims\brightens things like your infotainment screen? Won't do anything anymore. Infotainment is at max brightness by default. You can set levels for it in the settings, but I found even on the "Darkest" setting, the infotainment was still super bright at night.

That last one was the tipping point for my new car pushing me towards spending the money on an OEM unit eventually.