GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoCal mod friendly dealer

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Yup, mine is already tinted and has a couple bubbles. Probably why the quote is so high. The original shop wouldn't warranty it so I don't feel like going back to them.
I went to G5 in Alhambra, about the same quote for all windows except the windshield and front triangles. Not sure how much they'll charge to remove old tint tho. I declined the extra $100 to do the triangles, but the installer had leftover film and no other appts so he did it for free. I've referred a few friends there as well and they've been happy w/ the work.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Pacific German is also in OC. My buddy works there and he use to have a modified MK7.5 so he knows them well.

Sorry for the thread jack-- Anyone know of any good tint shops around LA? I called EuroVision but they quoted me $400-$500 for my rear window and the two tiny windows up front.
They're out in Costa Mesa, but I used signature tint on several cars. They do good work and stand by their warranty. Think it was 550 for all windows Including triangles with their front window tint replacement. For an extra fee you can insure your front windows so you can switch the tint at any time or deal with a tint ticket and they'll replace it for free.

Also got air 80 done on my front windshield there. 200 extra but worth it in my opinion.

https://signaturetint.com/

Last edited:

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Pacific German is also in OC. My buddy works there and he use to have a modified MK7.5 so he knows them well.

Sorry for the thread jack-- Anyone know of any good tint shops around LA? I called EuroVision but they quoted me $400-$500 for my rear window and the two tiny windows up front.

Is your rear window already tinted? I ask because I had been looking to get mine re-tinted due to a scratch, and apparently tint shops charge an arm and a leg to remove tint prior to re-tinting (it's a lot of work)

https://classicautotint.com/

Not LA, but in North OC. The owner, Lance, has a mk7.5 GTI and they do great work.

boostnonu

Go Kart Newbie
If you take a black trash bag and window cleaner and spray the inside of your window and then stick it to the window nice and flat. Put car in sun for a couple of hours you should be able to pull the film right off. Then you need to remove the a adhesive carefully. No razor blades due to defrost grid. Lots of window cleaner.