GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoCal Meets/Cruises

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
My car is still partially taken apart but I don't know if I'll be welcomed anymore with this gap, haha.
IMG_20201121_101959.jpg

Last edited:

Mk7jorge_310

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk7 gti
Do they have a specific canyon rd that they're gonna hit afterwards? I'm actually rolling out to ACH tomorrow with some Subies.. I need some VAG friends 😒

Attachments

• 20210110_213448.jpg
    20210110_213448.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210110_213438.jpg
    20210110_213438.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210110_213424.jpg
    20210110_213424.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 101

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion
Damn, that's a drive haha. Seems like tickets in that area are on the rise too. I got one a few weeks ago and the cop was urging me to just go to ACH as they're a lot more lenient over there. idk if I've asked before, but is your car parked in front of hiccups often?

Mk7jorge_310

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk7 gti
Damn, that's a drive haha. Seems like tickets in that area are on the rise too. I got one a few weeks ago and the cop was urging me to just go to ACH as they're a lot more lenient over there. idk if I've asked before, but is your car parked in front of hiccups often?
Naa thats not me . I live on the block in front of the dignity center. Ive seen that mk7 at hiccups before too

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Yeah, a few of my buddies have gotten reffed in that area the last couple months, really puts me on edge being in that area now. Anytime me or any of my buddies have gotten lit up on ACH we're only given fix-it tickets. That's IF we get one, seems like the cops there are reasonable as long as you aren't being dangerous.

Corey199

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Volkswagen GTI
Yeah, a few of my buddies have gotten reffed in that area the last couple months, really puts me on edge being in that area now. Anytime me or any of my buddies have gotten lit up on ACH we're only given fix-it tickets. That's IF we get one, seems like the cops there are reasonable as long as you aren't being dangerous.
Dang, I have been looking forward to driving up there but I really try and avoid areas that have a lot of cops.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Dang, I have been looking forward to driving up there but I really try and avoid areas that have a lot of cops.
Honestly ACH is fine, there are cops for sure but most are just sitting on the side and wont come out unless something dumb or dangerous happens. I was up there every weekend for a few months before covid and only got pulled over once, and I can probably count the amount of tickets my group has gotten there on one hand.

The reason I like ACH so much is because the lower chance of tickets compared to other areas so don't be sketched out about going there. Other roads, i'd do a slow run or two before to make sure it looks good before I bother going at it. The Malibu area has been really hot lately, and just this morning I saw a video of some guy who got pulled over twice there and when the cops finished ticketing him, they pulled another group right over.

Corey199

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Volkswagen GTI
Honestly ACH is fine, there are cops for sure but most are just sitting on the side and wont come out unless something dumb or dangerous happens. I was up there every weekend for a few months before covid and only got pulled over once, and I can probably count the amount of tickets my group has gotten there on one hand.

The reason I like ACH so much is because the lower chance of tickets compared to other areas so don't be sketched out about going there. Other roads, i'd do a slow run or two before to make sure it looks good before I bother going at it. The Malibu area has been really hot lately, and just this morning I saw a video of some guy who got pulled over twice there and when the cops finished ticketing him, they pulled another group right over.
Oh ok good to know thanks! I’ve heard such great things about that road I’m so excited to drive it!

GTI_Jerm

Go Kart Champion

yeah, I've gone to ACH twice in the last week and a half for a night run and and a day time run. As fun as those roads are in the Malibu area are, I probably won't be returning there for a bit. I think the fact that a lot of those roads go through neighborhoods, there's a lot of noise complaints.
Oh ok good to know thanks! I’ve heard such great things about that road I’m so excited to drive it!
if you plan on going there anytime soon, don't go towards Mt.Wilson.