GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoCal Meets/Cruises

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Hey guys,

There aren't too many active threads with meets in SoCal so who knows, if this could pick up or have a few regulars that would be cool.

I'm pretty hooked on meets and cruises, and there are surely a few of you guys who would like to meet other enthusiasts and go on cruises. Most events that I find are hosted by different facebook groups, instagram pages, and other online communities which can be irritating if you have to sort through a bunch of apps and pages to find something fun. So I thought having a designated place on this forum for people to post their plans/meets for others to join would be good.
Going on drives by yourself can be great but sometimes it's fun to have a group too. And for those of you who have not gotten into meets and don't know how to get started or don't want to hop in alone, this should be a place for you to get started.

I'll start posting meets I go to or know about here and try to keep it in a regular format like the one I have below. It may vary from post to post but I'll try to be somewhat consistent.

Title:
Date/Time:
Address:
Details:

I don't want this to be just a diary of my meets, so please feel free to post your own meets and have some discussions with others who are interested.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Canyon Cruise this weekend

Angeles Cruise the Crest
Sunday, March 1st
6:30 am - 11:00 am
(Plenty of turnouts if you decide to leave early)
990 Town Center, La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011

This one is being hosted by Audi Group Los Angeles (AGLA). Pretty diverse crowd and there are normally a few photographers and photo ops if you wanted some pictures of your ride.
They normally leave in two or three groups depending on the amount of people so you can pick a group that has a pace right for you.

Cruz653

Canyon Cruise this weekend

Angeles Cruise the Crest
Sunday, March 1st
6:30 am - 11:00 am
(Plenty of turnouts if you decide to leave early)
990 Town Center, La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011

This one is being hosted by Audi Group Los Angeles (AGLA). Pretty diverse crowd and there are normally a few photographers and photo ops if you wanted some pictures of your ride.
They normally leave in two or three groups depending on the amount of people so you can pick a group that has a pace right for you.
There’s going to be a Porsche cruise near Malibu I believe on March 21st. I can PM once I get more details

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Part of the Angeles Crest is closed, after Cedar Springs.
Eastbound / Westbound 2 Full Closure

From Islip Saddle/JCT SR 39 to Vincent Gulch Rd

Due to emergency road work.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
There’s going to be a Porsche cruise near Malibu I believe on March 21st. I can PM once I get more details
Awesome, never cruised in Malibu before I’ll see if I can go when there are details

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
I see Angeles Crest has R1 chain controls.
Yeah, after Newcombs the police were turning people away. Most of us only made it halfway up to Newcombs before we turned around because of rain and hail anyway.

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
It got a little sketchy up there for sure yesterday ?

We left a little before the Audi group.

20200301_084705.jpg
20200301_090927 (1).jpg
received_515244712758684.jpg

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Good thread idea. I've never been to any car meets or gone for any of these cruises but I think I'll give it a try this spring/summer. Work commute is only two miles since moving, not TDI friendly so I rarely drive it... starting to miss it, haha.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
I should of went in my SUV... since I'll be faster than the sportier cars on summer tires, with my Nokian All-weather tires I use for winter to go to Mammoth, etc.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
Good thread idea. I've never been to any car meets or gone for any of these cruises but I think I'll give it a try this spring/summer. Work commute is only two miles since moving, not TDI friendly so I rarely drive it... starting to miss it, haha.
If I could go back in time, I would probably get a TDI over my 1.8t. I'm lucky my area isn't as crowded as LA though, over there it seems like it's just not car friendly in general. Whenever you can show up to a meet that'd be great so far most of the groups I've met with are pretty inviting.

I should of went in my SUV... since I'll be faster than the sportier cars on summer tires, with my Nokian All-weather tires I use for winter to go to Mammoth, etc.
The grip wasn't much of an issue going up, it was mainly the visibility. On the way down though we took it pretty easy though.

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
There’s a fb/ IG page. Last Sunday. Meets up the last Sunday of the month all over SoCal. Always a good time. Mostly VWs but all kinds show up.