GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SoCal Meets/Cruises

K-Span

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MT DBP
Oceanside/Camp Pendleton here. Just got my first ever GTI. I'm down to meet other owners and break her in properly.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Oceanside/Camp Pendleton here. Just got my first ever GTI. I'm down to meet other owners and break her in properly.
The meets that get posted in this thread are 99% up in Malibu area. I haven't seen any in OC or anywhere outside of LA tbh.

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 Golf TSI
The meets that get posted in this thread are 99% up in Malibu area. I haven't seen any in OC or anywhere outside of LA tbh.
The meets I have are mostly in ACH or Ortega, but we premeet in Westminster or Huntington Beach. There just really arent many good roads in OC that arent either hot with cops or residential.
I keep forgetting to throw them in this thread though unfortunately.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Wish we had some meets closer. Driving to LA can be a pita sometimes.

We used to run our MINIs on the Baldy/Azusa loops with the IE guys/gals.
Start at somewhere around Mt Baldy (Fishery, Picnic, Icehouse or baldy lodge parking lots). Then we head down to GRR to start the cruise.

Stop for picnic/bbq on one of the turnouts on GRR overlooking LA, then either down to East Fork then 39 (or Burro Canyon), then either

South on 39 to Azusa or
North towards Wrightwood and back down 15 for the IE folks or
North towards ACH for the Westside.

I'm sure other groups are still doing those loops. We'd sometimes pick up a random car or two on the way and everyone's usually pretty friendly.
All that is assuming you like twisties.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I tried to go to GMR maybe 9 months ago and it was all shut down. Tried to go up Azusa canyons and that road was also shut down.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
I tried to go to GMR maybe 9 months ago and it was all shut down. Tried to go up Azusa canyons and that road was also shut down.

I believe the hillsides were not stable from the fires and lots of large rocks dropping onto 39 around the dam turnout to east fork rd. I haven't been up that section in a few years, didn't want the MINI to get stuck up there w/ no cell service and having to call a tow home. Won't be going up w/ the GTI until at least I replace the tires.

I did get a txt that the gap to ACH is closed again (or at least someone stopped cutting the padlock off LOL)

TheContender09

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
I just moved to LA from Texas and of course this time around I brought the R with me. I’m looking to meet new people in vw scene. Who’s around this weekend??

0B9055F8-442D-4E13-AA92-312E48F6E3E6.jpeg