GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, who's gonna be the first one on the PowerMax?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The Stage 1 one looks pretty promising for $1,350 vs $2,100 for a Vortex.

Will I be the guinea pig? Absolutely not.

But curious to see some results.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Vortex are $1500 multiple times a year, no?

Plus an additional $300 for a calibrated actuator, which the Garrett includes in the $1,350.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
the stage 1 will be an is38 type of turbo, it will not compete against the hybrids. it has a slightly larger comp wheel and a smaller turbine wheel ( I am unsure of the housing sizes) so anyone considering and is38 or is38+ type of turbo would go to the stage 1. Seems like it would be a fun is38 sized turbo capable of holding max boost to redline instead of tapering down like an is38.

The stg 2 will most likely make the same power as most hybrids out there or maybe a bit more as the wheels are similarly sized to many hybrids but the housings are larger at .72 ar on the turbine housing

You can't go wrong with a garrett and at $1349 for the stg 1 I would be shocked if anyone bought a $1000 is38. The stg 2 is $2850 so it is more than most hybrids sold here in NA.

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
I was planning on going oem is38 but this stage 1 turbo seems to be the move now. For a couple hundred extra bucks you get better flow and internals from a reputable company.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
No doubt that dyno was in 5th on a golf R so it won't spool quite the same as a GTI. It's not laggy (stage 1) but need to see more data to see how it does. Someone just buy one already.
Vehicle Modifications:
• Audi TT 2.0 TFSI (EA888 Gen 3)
• Larger intercooler
• Custom exhaust
• Reinforced pistons - lowered compression ratio of 9.2:1
• Upgraded fuel system - larger high pressure fuel pump and larger injectors
• Transmission upgrades - software upgrade only
• Cylinder head upgrades - valve springs only
• Fuel - 102 octane unleaded (Stage 2 also run with ethanol mixture)