GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So long Baby.. Another '15 Bricked

Navi

Autocross Champion
How do magnets work?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

I don't know why magnetic controlled waste gate actuator just popped into my head LOL. (probably from reading 3x people with the problem of setting them last week)

Cadillac needs to get on this. Magnetic Actuator Control Technology.. coming in the new Escalade V8TT

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
What is the common thread?

Are they all modded/tuned?
Are they all running same tune?
Are they all running smf and clutch setup?
Are they all the same year?
Many more questions.

What have you noticed with these 4 failures?

1) Yes but there are many cases of stock mapping and being covered

2) No

3) These recent all seem to have a recent clutch change at 40-60k miles

4) Yes and no. 3 were 2015s (presumably 2014 bd) and 1 2016

Waiting to hear back from owners. One thought it was his battery LOL. He got some bad news that day...

The only common theme is: "NEW SMFW CLUTCH"

3 were dkm. 1 was originally dkm that switched for southbend. Very interesting.

Littco is correct. The interlock is the kindling to what would otherwise be a very slow growing fire.

In other news... DSG is the lit fam.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion

2) No

Waiting to hear back from owners. One thought it was his battery LOL. He got some bad news that day...

Littco is correct. The interlock is the kindling to what would otherwise be a very slow growing fire.

Are these the twin disk DKM?

ILoveButter

Ready to race!

2) No

Hey you shut up it's not funny!!!!

I thought it could be electrical because my car was at the shop for a long long time and the battery was on it's way out.

Btw my car is a 17.

I'll make a new post about dkm's and crank walk so everyone that's had a failure can communicate and get a plan in order to make things right for this failure

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
So is it safe to say that this really only occurs with SMF's? I've had an SRE clutch for 30k now, no issues knock on wood.

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG

2) No

You need to change your profile pic:D

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
It makes me laugh when Scotty Kilmer says that MT VW’s are semi reliable, but DSG is the most unreliable transmission ever made, when that couldn’t be further from the truth, lmao. I’ve literally heard of pretty much zero DSG issues here. Their are more issues online with the trans in our Toyota RAV4, LOL.

I cursed Scotty when my boost sensor recently failed. I was listening to him in the car the moment it failed. No joke.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
So is it safe to say that this really only occurs with SMF's? I've had an SRE clutch for 30k now, no issues knock on wood.

The dmfw is the key imho. Along with what litco mentioned, the interlock clutch in start. Although I'd bet my left nut it's that insane thrust load of the twin coupled with a smfw that is exasperating the problem.

The oem dmfw acts as not only the primary source of external balancing, but also a vibration dampener and shock absorber for the crank. People can argue with me as much as they want.. At the end of the day that is what my gut and 17+ years of experience building street cars has taught me..

Lol sorry, I didn't even know you were on here. PM me for advice of how to move forward. And how I got out of a very bad situation.

Here's my new car. UM adjustable file catless dp

Attachments

• IMG_20190429_120930.jpg
    IMG_20190429_120930.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I’ve had a southbend in my 10/14 build 15 for 20k, still going strong. It has 82k on the clock in total.

Unicorn maybe?:p

The dmfw is the key imho. Along with what litco mentioned, the interlock clutch in start. Although I'd bet my left nut it's that insane thrust load of the twin coupled with a smfw that is exasperating the problem.

Lol sorry, I didn't even know you were on here. PM me for advice of how to move forward. And how I got out of a very bad situation.

Here's my new car. UM adjustable file catless dp

I think its more because of the higher force of the twin disk. Either way, I am going to look into the pin outs on the master cylinder wiring and see what it does rather than buying a whole new cylinder to throw under the dash.