GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Been there, done that, lol. You will be back

Quite possibly! I love GTI's and would gladly own another. :)

Best way to do it financially is have your muscle car as a second car and keep it for a long time. The amount of money you will drop on mpg alone a month as daily makes it a cheaper option in long run to just keep the gti and have a second car like this. People often don’t look at it this way until you have had a car like that as daily and you learn, plus the gti is more comfortable for a commute.

I can always look at a more 'commuter friendly' DD once the SPS is paid for in a few years. I totally understand your logic, though, and it weighed greatly in my final decision. Some lessons are best learned the hard way! Still, the ultimate factor is if I'm happy (which I am). If that ever changes, I can always find another automotive solution!

RichardCranium

Ready to race!
Best way to do it financially is have your muscle car as a second car and keep it for a long time. The amount of money you will drop on mpg alone a month as daily makes it a cheaper option in long run to just keep the gti and have a second car like this. People often don’t look at it this way until you have had a car like that as daily and you learn, plus the gti is more comfortable for a commute.

Yeah, that was my biggest complaint. Commuting in a two door coupe that gets 20 mpg on a good day gets old fairly quickly. It was fast as hell, for sure, but it wasn't fun to drive "slow" the way my GTI is.

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Color looks great! Is the shaker an added option?

It is, and not exactly cheap at that. I took it as part of the deal because the car had everything else I wanted; to me this was the only 'frivolous' package on the vehicle. Fortunately it isn't just cosmetic; it fights heat soak and keeps IATs down which helps with the Florida weather. Not to mention wringing the engine out and watching the Shaker well, shake is it's own entertainment. :D

Did you grow a mullet for the switch too?

:D

If only I had hair, I just might have!

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Please tell me you're not gonna keep the shipping protection (yellow wrap) on your splitter... I know it's all the rage with the kids these days...

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Cars I seriously thought about buying when I got my GTI:

Accord Sport
Charger Scat Pack
used Lexus LS430

Enjoy it!