GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, LED Indicator Bulb?

The only exterior bulbs that are non LED on my GTD are the front indicators. Does anyone know of a replacement LED bulb that will work, without throwing up an error?

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Any canbus type LED will not be a problem - just search ebay...

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
These are for the GTD/GTI which has LED rear indicators:

Vanity Lights: Festoon 38mm LED
Boot Light: Festoon 42mm LED
Glove Box Light: 501 also known as W5W (T10) LED
Cornering lights (front): H7 - Philips Blue Vision or similar ‘white look’ halogen bulb
Indicator (front) : H21W LED
Reversing lights: H21W LED

DW58

Go Kart Champion
So?

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Its a modern 'figure of speech' Rob!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Its a modern 'figure of speech' Rob!

:confused:

Yet another Americanism creeping in and corrupting our language.

Sorry, I'm not modern - I prefer correct English :cool:

So, I was actually, mentally continuing a train of thought from changing the boot, vanity and glovebox lights to led's. I don't normally adopt, or appreciate, the habit of starting every sentence with "so".

So, sorry DW58, I won't make a habit of it! ;)

Mark 5, thanks for the info. Have you found an indicator bulb which is canbus type and has the necessary added resistor? (Or is that the same difference?) I don't fancy soldering bits on, or finding somewhere to position a hot resistor.

DW58

Go Kart Champion

monty537

These are for the GTD/GTI which has LED rear indicators:

Vanity Lights: Festoon 38mm LED
Boot Light: Festoon 42mm LED
Glove Box Light: 501 also known as W5W (T10) LED
Cornering lights (front): H7 - Philips Blue Vision or similar ‘white look’ halogen bulb
Indicator (front) : H21W LED
Reversing lights: H21W LED

I just want to make sure ive picked you up correctly. Is this a shopping list of all the replacement bulbs you need for a GTD or are there more that are not LED?

That list is correct, but I'm holding off swapping the front indicators, as the guys on the other forum are questioning whether even the brightest led replacements are bright enough. Just having the crisper on, off cycle isn't reason enough to swap if safety is even marginally compromised. If anything, I want replacement bulbs to be brighter.

monty537

Have u a link to the discussion, I'd be interested to read it

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I find the front indicators to be very vertically directional. If you squat down to the height that other drivers will see your indicators they are much brighter than viewing them from a standing position.