GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So I got my 1st SLR camera

john31388

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
So my wife's grandpa gave me my first SLR camera with a bunch of lens, it's a canon ae-1 now I know this isn't the latest but I am just getting in to photography and don't have the $$$$ for a new camera. So for now this will do just fine but I could use some tips on taking pics with a older film camera because all I have ever used is a point and shoot digi camera, also does anyone know if there is a wide angle lens for this camera.

HeartMyVeedub

Ready to race!
Read up on how to work your light meter by fiddling around with the shutter speed and aperture (F stops) to get desired exposure, read up on different types of ISO film types, etc. There's a ton of online forums too! Sorry to be so general but it's a start! Congrats man

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
thats the perfect camera to learn on. have fun.

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
That's good you're starting out with a SLR instead of a DSLR. Something about actually being patient when taking a photo rather than taking a million at once makes film much more fun imo. Also I'm not sure if Canon makes a wide angle for their film cameras. Anything around 14mm can be a wide angle so just look out for that when you're looking for lenses but if I were you I would go out and find a 50mm lens for it and start out with that. They're cheap and it's still in my top most used lenses.

john31388

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
It came with 5 lens there is a 50mm,85mm,135mm,80-200mmx2, and a vivitar mc television converter? I have to find a replacement battery to put in the camera before I can use it.