GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, here is what you can do on stock fuel: 10.979@127.6mph

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Just thought I would share. Gordon went 10.979@127.5mph this morning on his DBV2 hybrid (the one I ran previously) on completely stock fuel system, with a 93/MS109 mix.
2016 Golf R.
Stock tires (all seasons), seats out.
Congrats to him.
Video:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/QzbkdUc38nZYWmm03

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Nice trap time too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Damn, thats a hellava run. I'd wanna see a video of this lol. Nice work

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
That's effin moving in the 1/4

R has larger injectors than a GTI, other than that I think their fueling systems are the same.

That's pretty impressive.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie

R has larger injectors than a GTI, other than that I think their fueling systems are the same.

Not to mention all wheel drive... This post is in the wrong section of the forum.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Not to mention all wheel drive... This post is in the wrong section of the forum.

GTI with slicks is faster than the R (lighter, drivetrain loss). IS38 record on the GTI is 11.1, IS38 across the AWD platform is 11.45. Enough said.
The post is meant to show the capabilities of the stock fueling system. :)

I've tuned a few GTI's on this turbo now and it will make the same power this Golf R did. Just need slicks and driver mod :D

On that note, there will be a GTI running this turbo on stock fuel within the next month or so, and he has full slicks/prep.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie

It does yeah, but the HPFP and LPFP are the bottlenecks, same for the GTI. The fuel system stock for stock has the exact same power limits (GTI vs R).

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
It does yeah, but the HPFP and LPFP are the bottlenecks, same for the GTI. The fuel system stock for stock has the exact same power limits (GTI vs R).

Answering questions is goodsos.

Methinks the HPFP 'bottlenecks' mainly because of the higher you rev the smaller the injection window is, and you need to rev higher with a larger compressor.

I think for the everyday 400whp build(from what I've seen around so far) I think the stock fuel system should hold up.

I hope I'm right lol, because I do not want to drop a tank for a fuel pump.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Answering questions is goodsos.

Methinks the HPFP 'bottlenecks' mainly because of the higher you rev the smaller the injection window is, and you need to rev higher with a larger compressor.

I think for the everyday 400whp build(from what I've seen around so far) I think the stock fuel system should hold up.

I hope I'm right lol, because I do not want to drop a tank for a fuel pump.

Fuel pump goes in from the top, you're all good! Lol.