GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Snow Filter/Guard Canada

Pookbe

Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI Rabbit
Hey everyone,
I have looked a bit on Google and this forum to see if anyone in Canada has removed their snow guard from the car? I just installed the AFE dry filter on the weekend and saw some people online say to take that out for better airflow and I haven't seen anyone within my area respond. Was curious if someone could help me out and let me know if it is worth it or not? TIA.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
You'll definitely get some more wooshie boi noises. I've had mine out for probably 30-40k at this point. Not sure about the Canada specific part though.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hey everyone,
I have looked a bit on Google and this forum to see if anyone in Canada has removed their snow guard from the car? I just installed the AFE dry filter on the weekend and saw some people online say to take that out for better airflow and I haven't seen anyone within my area respond. Was curious if someone could help me out and let me know if it is worth it or not? TIA.
Mine has been removed since 2018 and I've never had any issues come up. I also used to run an AFE dry filter.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
If I lived in an area that saw heavy snow I would remove it in the spring and put it back at the start of winter

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
From the observations when I removed mine it is just there to smooth the airflow out as one side of the filter was considerably more dirty than the other with it removed. I have since replaced it and the last couple of filters the dirt was evenly distributed.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
With the stock intake configuration...inlet on p. side with a 90 to take air across the duct and into the air box there is no way snow or rain can get there anyway.