GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Snow brush that doesn't scratch the clear coat?

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I'm finding the tornado red and/or clear coat shows scratches just by looking at it.. For the winter can anyone recommend a soft snow brush that won't scratch
the paint? I have several but they all seem rough.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I would use something like this:
1604061720227.png

Every dealership uses some variant of this foam device, and while nothing that touches your paint can ever be guaranteed to be scratch-free, this is a close as you're going to get without keeping a leaf blower in your car all winter.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
snowblower, or hot water

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Thanks... I ordered some small True Temper Scratch Free ones off amazon.. Will see.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I'd just like to add something. ANYTHING you touch across your coat/paint will scratch it (though at different degrees of severity). There is no brush that won't scratch it. It's all about minimizing it. Like rice said, snowblower and hot water are the only things that literally wouldn't scratch.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Husqvarna 150BT is what I use, for those light dustings lol

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Well glad I'm not alone for using hot water or even the leaf blower, at times.

But I swear my neighbors (and possibly yours?) have to think I'm crazy for some of the shit I do.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Well glad I'm not alone for using hot water or even the leaf blower, at times.

But I swear my neighbors (and possibly yours?) have to think I'm crazy for some of the shit I do.
I use the blower after I wash the car. Had to break it down to a neighbor it’s the same thing they do at the automatic car wash, just better. Finish off the car with one microfiber towel FTW

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
How is hot water possibly good for this? Hot melts cold? Then freezes in doors, speeds up glass cracks?

I put a cover over the windshield, then snow brum the bulk of the snow off the roof and hood.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
How is hot water possibly good for this? Hot melts cold? Then freezes in doors, speeds up glass cracks?

I put a cover over the windshield, then snow brum the bulk of the snow off the roof and hood.
Yeah, you should never use hot water. Beyond getting into places and freezing, it can also quickly expand and shrink sheet metal that will weaken your clear coat.