GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SneekyTuned OTS Tunes

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
Is this an IS20? Just wasting money IMO.

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
LOL, they can only flow so much air. Unless there is some sort of limitation in the Cobb tuning platform (there isn't) then you'll have the same results (power/acceleration) going to UM. It's your money though, do as you please.

You're 100% correct, but the plan isn't to stay IS20 either so just finding a good base to progress with, that's all. And realistically, what I have in tunes is far less than some folks have in fake aero that doesn't do anything lolol

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
Well, if you really want to be objective get a Dragy and get some acceleration data with all the tunes. THAT would be interesting.

I am liking where you are going and I have one. It would take some time to do it fair to avoid heatsoak and what not to have the closest conditions for each tune. Log each tune with the AP and dragy in the same conditions and post it up. I think I can manage this once I get the car back.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Now we’re getting somewhere!

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I agree with diggs, no need to continue switching companies. But it is his money. Also the only thing someone can use to judge a tuning company is there support and service to the customer. Everyone has different cars so the data is slighly different. If I was you @robbiewiggs I would just pull the trigger and go big turbo, then do another Protune vs another OTS type tune. No matter what the IS20 is only limited to so much and any tune isn't going to change that. In the end, I do appreciate your feedback on the companies and what you said before. Sounds like I should stay away from 5150

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
I agree with diggs, no need to continue switching companies. But it is his money. Also the only thing someone can use to judge a tuning company is there support and service to the customer. Everyone has different cars so the data is slighly different. If I was you @robbiewiggs I would just pull the trigger and go big turbo, then do another Protune vs another OTS type tune. No matter what the IS20 is only limited to so much and any tune isn't going to change that. In the end, I do appreciate your feedback on the companies and what you said before. Sounds like I should stay away from 5150

Oh you are spot on! The IS20 is what it is. Big turbo and other items are most likely a coming fall/winter project so I am just going to cruise on this setup till the end of the season. I switched around because it really isn't a lot of money and wanted to see what was out there and maybe find some unicorn tune. None such exist so this will be my last stop on tuner musical chairs. I do believe it would be a crime not to share my findings with the community.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Oh you are spot on! The IS20 is what it is. Big turbo and other items are most likely a coming fall/winter project so I am just going to cruise on this setup till the end of the season. I switched around because it really isn't a lot of money and wanted to see what was out there and maybe find some unicorn tune. None such exist so this will be my last stop on tuner musical chairs. I do believe it would be a crime not to share my findings with the community.
Yeah I think the part we are forgetting is the only one that was custom was 5150, so you’re really only spending like 150-200 on the changes, In the grand scheme thats a dinner for 2 in Vegas on the strip. Lol