GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SneekyTuned OTS Tunes

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
As someone who has a tune from Strat, EQT, 5150, Sneeky and back to Sneeky again. The only person who insisted I didn't post or share logs has numbers in their company name. Shoot me a DM if anyone is looking for first hand info, not trying to say which tunes are better here (they are all fairly similar), but customer service is what makes a tuner these days.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
As someone who has a tune from Strat, EQT, 5150, Sneeky and back to Sneeky again. The only person who insisted I didn't post or share logs has numbers in their company name. Shoot me a DM if anyone is looking for first hand info, not trying to say which tunes are better here (they are all fairly similar), but customer service is what makes a tuner these days.

So why not post some Sneeky logs?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
so who has the best customer service?

Edit: also, why did you switch so many times lol

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
So logs / maximum horse powerzz aside, what did you like about the sneaky experience-- better 1 on 1 support ?

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
so who has the best customer service?

Edit: also, why did you switch so many times lol

Switched because apparently I like to burn money or maybe I was doing market research for the community, IDK LOL. Full disclaimer, the only e-tune I had was from 5150 the rest were the OTS(ish) tunes.

Customer service?

EQT was great, but I've read a lot lately that business is booming so his response time has gone down a bit. Tune was good though.

Strat was decent, not much feed back from them on questions I had. E30 tune was quick, but knocked more than I liked. When I asked for some feed back, was told to add more ethanol, but don't exceed E30? LOL HUH.

Sneeky wasn't my favorite at first, but I will give a pass here. He was still new to the market then and I think his customer service has improved greatly. I am looking forward to his tunes and customer service now.

5150... great tune, horrid customer service. Had to join facebook after 7 years off the grid so I could get updates on when revs were coming. Had to hound him for revisions and was told not to share logs. Ordered two maps: 93 and E85, never received confirmation on the 93 being "complete" and when I asked for a refund on my E85 tune ($100) it lit a fire in his ass to respond to me then dropped off, haven't heard from him in 3-4 weeks. It's been over two months into the process with Jon. I think I read @Navi had a similar go around with him. Oh and he wants you to log at certain hours for him to fit his schedule (which is beyond fucked up). That's fine if you are third shift somewhere, but for those that work normal hours, not so much. Then cries on FB how hard he has it and everyone should not ask for anything. Like he's the only one who works 70+ hours a week... LOL

I refuse to swing off of a tuner's nutsack and praise them to get what I paid for nor am I a fanboy.

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
So logs / maximum horse powerzz aside, what did you like about the sneaky experience-- better 1 on 1 support ?

My original tune was ok, it knocked a bit and some customer service stuff wasn't great so I just decided to shelf the original tune from him and move on. By chance I saw a post he made on IG about another tuner fucking people and I commented, he asked if I wanted to try another round with him since I was technically one of his customers. This time around I am a lot more confident in his tunes, customer service and attitude. We shall see. This is my last stop before going UM and chucking my cobb into a fire pit.

Once I have the new tunes (93 & E85) loaded and tested I will report back

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
My original tune was ok, it knocked a bit and some customer service stuff wasn't great so I just decided to shelf the original tune from him and move on. By chance I saw a post he made on IG about another tuner fucking people and I commented, he asked if I wanted to try another round with him since I was technically one of his customers. This time around I am a lot more confident in his tunes, customer service and attitude. We shall see. This is my last stop before going UM and chucking my cobb into a fire pit.

Once I have the new tunes (93 & E85) loaded and tested I will report back

I've seen UM tunes knock quite a bit also. Don't throw the AP away immediately if you go UM.

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
you've seen everything knock. I'm starting to think you are bad luck and practice voodoo 😂

Probably just some phantom knock on a car I rarely drive LOL (2018 bought new now with 59xx miles on it now). Nah, EQT had super clean tunes throughout the log. I just like explanation on things, blame my profession I suppose. We shall see how the new tunes jive.