GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SneekyTuned Non-Hybrid IS38 GTI Quarter Mile in 11.10X

GTMCooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI S DSG SneekyTune
Not an Oem Is38,
It doesn't say OEM is38 anywhere on this post.
It's the Shruenk is38+, which despite what people say, is a stock size wheel, unclipped. I said it's a non-hybrid, which is correct, since it performs like an OEM but isn't. It, essentially, is upgraded bearings and shaft, to try to hold together better when pushed, not increase the limit.

Last edited:

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Yes but still not oem is38 so no record can ever be recorded for that turbo as stock is38 recorded, im not bashing times, still very good and solid times so congrats on that but this turbo can never claim stock is38 record since its not oem is38 with is38 internals, but congrats on the time and a solid run

Last edited:

GTMCooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI S DSG SneekyTune
That's all fair, I wouldn't argue that since it isn't OEM and that's what the board wants. But, for those reading and judging how the car performs cause that's what we're really showing off, these turbos have never made more power than an OEM is38. Perhaps they spool quicker, but in this case that isn't an advantage, because the car is leaving at 5900 RPM on 2-step, already in boost on the leave.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That's all fair, I wouldn't argue that since it isn't OEM and that's what the board wants. But, for those reading and judging how the car performs cause that's what we're really showing off, these turbos have never made more power than an OEM is38. Perhaps they spool quicker, but in this case that isn't an advantage, because the car is leaving at 5900 RPM on 2-step, already in boost on the leave.
Damn,

whats the boost at on launch?

Justgotohm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE SP 6sp M
I’m assuming you are running upgrades HP/LP fuel pumps? I am thinking of doing this now even though I said I wasn’t going to mess with fueling.