GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Smoke Factory at the track.

Malish

Car(s)
Golf 7R DSG
Hey. Any updates? Seems like I have the same issue. A cloud of smoke after I release the gas pedal after hard acceleration. Got new pcv BM rev. But still the same issue. Can anybody confirm

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Hey. Any updates? Seems like I have the same issue. A cloud of smoke after I release the gas pedal after hard acceleration. Got new pcv BM rev. But still the same issue. Can anybody confirm
2 posts under this one...some good reading on this. I got rid of mine with the BL revision.

Capture.JPG

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Last edited:

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Fixed my smoking issue with a catch can, and no more topping off oil after an event before heading home.

After 1 track day.
IMG_0481.JPG

After 2 track days.
IMG_0524.JPG

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI
Weird, I replaced my original PCV (AP revision I believe) with a new BM revision and did not have any issues at Fastivus Summit Point Shenandoah back in September. Hard into braking on T1 and over the hill going into the Karousel never any noticeable smoking. Seems to have fixed my issue :unsure:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Well, I changed for new BL rev and seems like to problem is gone. It looks like some engines prefer BL to BM :D
BL continues to treat me well on track.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
My first BL smoked, im on my second one and it seems to be doing fine.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
My first BL smoked, im on my second one and it seems to be doing fine.

Maybe the tuner is better this time?

(Sarcasm, but not really)

There are tables for crankcase pressure, but mostly dealing with A/F ratio compensation due to blowby and EVAP tests running. I wonder if there's something in a tune (aside from boost levels) that can have a worthwhile effect?