GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SMF clutch

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
I'm looking at getting a clutch with a SMF for my R.
What clutch would you recommend or stay away from?

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
I'm looking at getting a clutch with a SMF for my R.
What clutch would you recommend or stay away from?

From GTI section but it's the same recommendations:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18285

Guy in a GTI was getting a new clutch, and there's a lot of pages of recommendations and experiences - he ended up getting a SouthBend Stage 3 Endurance

For SMF your options are Sachs SRE (if you can find it), SouthBend Stage 3 Daily / Endurance, or there's probably a Clutch Masters kit too.

Stay away from the separated puck designs on the disc - those are meant for racing applications and usually have ceramic material (for high heat), low longevity and are basically an on/off switch as far as engagement.

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
We recommend the SouthBend clutches and have extensive experience installing them as well. Where are you located? We can probably cut you a decent deal if you have us install it.

We can also get the Sachs Racing unit $895 Shipped but this is again a DMF clutch.

Thanks,

Greg

Universal_Remonster

Ready to race!
We recommend the SouthBend clutches and have extensive experience installing them as well. Where are you located? We can probably cut you a decent deal if you have us install it.

We can also get the Sachs Racing unit $895 Shipped but this is again a DMF clutch.

Thanks,

Greg

SRE has a DMF and an SMF clutch kit.