GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sliced my hand open in my 2015 GTI...

boboman13

Car(s)
VW GTI Autobahn 2016
@carlcan Would you be able to share the link to the part that you purchased? How has it worked out for you - did it fit, was the quality acceptable, etc?
I was thinking of trying to remove that trim piece, peel off all of the thin layer of silver crap, and just re-install the plain white plastic. Alternatively, paint it myself with some sort of plastic specific adhesive in a silver color, and then reinstall it. Can't be any worst than the thin silver hand slicing material.

Thanks

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
i skinned the right pinky something pretty bad a couple of months ago (dripping blood), i had no inclination that there was a raised portion of that trim as i had placed my phone there numerous times. how ever i took some 120 grit and knocked the edge off along the length of the trim above the dsg lever. works fine and you can not rell the back of it was sanded, beware. mine does have a raised portion in the middle as if it is peeling ever so slightly

mickheff

Same thing happened to me. 5 times now, I guess I dont learn. I posted a complaint at the NHTSA (11422404). That trim is like a razor, I have scars from it.

Attachments

• PXL_20210122_192340160.jpg
    PXL_20210122_192340160.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 155
  • PXL_20210122_192643082.jpg
    PXL_20210122_192643082.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 151
  • PXL_20210122_192653522.jpg
    PXL_20210122_192653522.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 166

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Twice in 2 weeks now. I guess I'm just that stupid. That first one really hurt. Unbelievable amount of blood. I guess it's time to get it fixed.

View attachment 227078
bruh, i skinned my pinky, like filleted .. it was dripping blood, freaking ridiculous that reminds me, i need to add a piece of tape, or order new trim, i freaked the other day when my wife got her hand caught in the cubby getting my phone

Last edited:

red450

Car(s)
2016 MK7 Golf TSI SE
Took a good slice off of a knuckle this evening, while taking my phone out of the cubby. Removed the flaked piece of trim, then covered the edge with two layers of clear tape. Doesn't look the best but it's better than bloody fingers.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I believe there is a recall again for this. Saw some posts in an MK7 FB group about a recent TSB going out to dealers on the trim piece again. Might be worth a quick call to the tech center.

red450

Car(s)
2016 MK7 Golf TSI SE
Got the dreaded "Transmission Error" this morning, scheduled a service appt, and had them include the trim recall as well.

Das Weib GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
The car gods always demand a blood sacrifice.