GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*sing songy voice screams* Tell me why!!!!!!

tlrdavis27

Ohhhh deer, here we go,, this started about a week ago..
I have a '20 7.5 11k miles, apr stage 2, straight piped (apr down-pipe) expect for the oem muffler (I know I know, a nameless cat back is next on the list.) Car also has the tcu tune from apr, a afe CAI, rounded out with the dog bone insert, not that that will have any bearing on this query.
Can someone offer any hints as to why my car is developing a sound similar to a blow off valve? Sound occours after shift (dsg) and when I let off the throttle. Gerneraly this happens when I am past 50 percent throttle. Lastly Lastly, I noticed a pretty bad rattle on cold start, this has only occoured twice so far, thinking the rattle could be the muffler stuggling with supressing all the ish coming from the motor.

I AM fully aware of the fact that the car has a DV and am familiar with the way a DV operates, and its differnvces from a BOV.

Love and happiness, to all.

averyislost

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI S
My stock '20 I can hear the DV plain as day if I don't have any music playing. Sure, it's not *that* loud stock but I'm sure your CAI amplifies the sound somewhat. I wouldn't worry unless your loosing boost pressure.

As far as the rattle I'm not sure. Mine has an odd rattle on cold start, a few other members with mk7.5's have mentioned the same when I posted a thread about it. This happens every time on cold start and for me only lasts a few seconds. No vibrations or anything, just a metallic noise. Dealer told me this was normal back when I bought it.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Mine has a rattle but I only hear and feel it right when I start her. During a cold start. Only lasts like two seconds.

tlrdavis27

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
^if i'm not mistaken that noise is from a turbo car without a BOV installed (meaning no where for the boost to go when closing the throttle) so maybe your DV is not working correctly? although i'd imagine that would trigger some sort of light on the dash