GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sighing Noise

jodyc

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GTI PP
I have a 2013 Mk7 GTI PP, and as the post description says, I'm getting a random Sighing noise in the car. It usually happens after a motorway run, once you slow down or are in traffic, but not every time.
Sounds like a release of air somewhere, but with the inability to recreate it, I'm finding it very hard to pinpoint.
Anyone got any ideas where to look, what to check, or if anyone else has had the same issue.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Post in the main GTI section....does it happen when you downchange, rev up, clutch engaged or not??...

jodyc

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GTI PP
Post in the main GTI section....does it happen when you downchange, rev up, clutch engaged or not??...
I'll pop it in the main GTI section, can I cross post it or just do the same post?
It's hard to pin point when though, off throttle, also makes the noise when just sat in traffic after a motorway run. Frustratingly though doesn't do it all the time, and is really hard to repeat, but very distinctive noise.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Cross posting doesn't work 100%..so start a new post there....& sat at idle in traffic....off all pedals.....it could be the turbo wastegate activating because the ECU has injected more fuel to complete a burn process & the wastegate opens to stop the power?...If its a newer MK7.5 then it could have the GPF fitted to the petrol engines...

jodyc

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GTI PP
Cross posting doesn't work 100%..so start a new post there....& sat at idle in traffic....off all pedals.....it could be the turbo wastegate activating because the ECU has injected more fuel to complete a burn process & the wastegate opens to stop the power?...If its a newer MK7.5 then it could have the GPF fitted to the petrol engines...

It's the best theory I've heard so far.
Yeah it's off the gas idle. Back on the gas the sound fades away