GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shuenk is38+ turbo?

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I think most of the is38 turbos with any change to how much power they make vs normal is38, like clipped exhaust or larger compressor wheel etc, don't do well on canned OTS tunes, I know Dan's L380x did not do well on canned tune, but did really well on pro tune. if you go down that road I'd get COBB and have someone real tune it vs using some chessy canned tune

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
I think most of the is38 turbos with any change to how much power they make vs normal is38, like clipped exhaust or larger compressor wheel etc, don't do well on canned OTS tunes, I know Dan's L380x did not do well on canned tune, but did really well on pro tune. if you go down that road I'd get COBB and have someone real tune it vs using some chessy canned tune

I was looking up EQT as well as Cobb. Which one is better? Do i need to do logs or dyno for them to make me a tune? I dont even know how it works to be honest

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I was looking up EQT as well as Cobb. Which one is better? Do i need to do logs or dyno for them to make me a tune? I dont even know how it works to be honest

Cobb is the tuning platform. If you go with Cobb you'll get what's called an Access Port. AP. EQT is one of the tuners who tunes on the Cobb platform. There are several other companies who also tune on Cobb. You don't need to do logs or use a dyno. You can purchase what is called an Off the Shelf tune. OTS. It just depends upon the modifications you've done to your car to decide what tune to get. When you do logging for the sake of getting a tune you will do that on your AP and whatever tuner you use will send, email, a revised tune based on the logs you send to the tuner. And you'll repeat that process until the tuner has your car dialed in. Or if you want the ultimate tune you can get a remote dyno tune from one of the Cobb tuners. So decide on the power level you wish to achieve and ask questions based on that.

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Cobb is the tuning platform. If you go with Cobb you'll get what's called an Access Port. AP. EQT is one of the tuners who tunes on the Cobb platform. There are several other companies who also tune on Cobb. You don't need to do logs or use a dyno. You can purchase what is called an Off the Shelf tune. OTS. It just depends upon the modifications you've done to your car to decide what tune to get. When you do logging for the sake of getting a tune you will do that on your AP and whatever tuner you use will send, email, a revised tune based on the logs you send to the tuner. And you'll repeat that process until the tuner has your car dialed in. Or if you want the ultimate tune you can get a remote dyno tune from one of the Cobb tuners. So decide on the power level you wish to achieve and ask questions based on that.

looks like AU tuning where im planning to get the shuenk is38+ installed has the Cobb AP for sale and makes a protune for your car using the dyno they have..from what they said a Cobb protune can add about 20 hp over APR safely...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
looks like AU tuning where im planning to get the shuenk is38+ installed has the Cobb AP for sale and makes a protune for your car using the dyno they have..from what they said a Cobb protune can add about 20 hp over APR safely...

I checked their website and it says they are an APR tuner. Post a link to their Cobb tuning.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
AU Tuning is good people and they do great work working on cars/installing things. Do yourself a favor and drive down the street to 5150 and get tuned by a professional tuner, not a mechanic...

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
AU Tuning is good people and they do great work working on cars/installing things. Do yourself a favor and drive down the street to 5150 and get tuned by a professional tuner, not a mechanic...
Im reading alot of negative reviews of 5150 taking money but not delivering a tune...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Read the same ones about EQT right now. When a company is too popular, demand outpaces supply. Also, if you’re getting tuned in person on a dyno, “taking money but not delivering a tune” would be pretty much impossible.

^^^^^
That, plus there was a time when 5150 was moving their operation to a new location and most of the complaints I've seen were during that time.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Im reading alot of negative reviews of 5150 taking money but not delivering a tune...
Since you're in socal, you have no worries on a tune not being delivered. When you go to your appointment at 5150, your tune will be completed during that session. Most, if not all, complaints are from his remote tunes, where he tunes cars in other parts of the country, and that takes coordination, instead of Jon at 5150 doing it all at once.