GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show us your MK7

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
First post around these parts. I've had my MK7 for 6 months now. It's a mostly stock (for now) '21 GTI S w/ BMP headlights. Just threw on my winter wheels. I got a few goodies in the mail from Black Friday sales, I picked up a set of EMD springs and Koni Sports. Can't wait! It's so good to be back in a GTI.

Bonus shot of it with my C5 Corvette that I sadly sold a few months ago to help fund an incoming house purchase.
I also bought my red GTI and a house pretty close together, just house first! House > C5, I promise 😍 the more and more I see those headlights…. I just don’t love my halogen lights

dannyboi88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3 8V
Gave the car some TLC over the weekend
Changed my spark Plugs and coils.
1st time using APR coil packs.
shall have my own update review about the good and bad rep about them. Lol!

GTI 043.jpg
GTI 044.jpg
GTI sample 032.jpg

Last edited:

gahbageked

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI
how are you liking then Koni’s so far?
I've put about 400 miles on the car since installation and I have them set relatively soft (3/4 turn from soft in front, 1/2 turn from soft in back) and it feels great so far. No big crashes/bangs. Feels very close to stock and I find them super comfortable. It has exceeded my expectations thus far and has passed the wife test (and she has put up with a ton of my cars).

I've never had a set of Koni Sports before and I am glad I spent the extra cash. I've run Koni STR.T's in my 4th gen f-body and they were terrible (at least with the spring I paired them with). I've used Bilstein's in the past and found them a bit stiff and brutal. The worst by far was my Weitec cup kit in my MK4 lol.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I've put about 400 miles on the car since installation and I have them set relatively soft (3/4 turn from soft in front, 1/2 turn from soft in back) and it feels great so far. No big crashes/bangs. Feels very close to stock and I find them super comfortable. It has exceeded my expectations thus far and has passed the wife test (and she has put up with a ton of my cars).

I've never had a set of Koni Sports before and I am glad I spent the extra cash. I've run Koni STR.T's in my 4th gen f-body and they were terrible (at least with the spring I paired them with). I've used Bilstein's in the past and found them a bit stiff and brutal. The worst by far was my Weitec cup kit in my MK4 lol.
Awesome, where did you get them from?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I did a set of Teins years ago that would knock fillings out on expansion joints. I ended up doing konis too and ride has been wife approved too. That may change worry the stiffer rear spring and upping the rear rebound, we'll see.